PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
As for Gary's designs, There are instructions included with his models. They are correctly made and I have no troubles reading them. Every designer makes their own instructions in their own way and in Garys case, There is no step-by-step build sequence. but that is not needed in most paper models. Most big and well-appreciated card model companies do not have step by step instructions anyway. Look at GPM, FlyModel and Hobby Model. And what would you rather have, four pages of written instructions in Polish or a couple of clear images to work with?
About fit: I did Gary's Super Guppy a couple of years back in 1/400 and it still fitted well.
Besides, Gary's models are shared with the community for free and he has made a lot of them to share with us. Some people, me, for example, do not have the money to pay for large commercial kits, nor the room to store big models. And I also like Gary's choice of subjects a lot. Perhaps you should try and build one of his models before any further criticism. You can use this thread as a reference when you aren't able to read Gary's quite obvious instruction manual.
Now I don't want this thread to become polemic, so let's now call this matter closed so I can finish my build here.
You have very carefully avoid mentioning Schreiber. They have NUMERIC SEQUENCE building. This system, uses no language and it is very easy to follow for any type of models. Step-by-step instructions are not needed nor extremely long written instructions which nobody reads. I agree with that. However, just a couple of drawings, especially with complex designs are definitively not enough. Other printers use the numeric sequence like WHM and GELI. And the polemic should continue, why not? It helps us all and it is one of the main issues in any forum.

Best wishes from sunshine state.

RICK
Old 10-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.28 MB
As a beginner, I think that more complete instructions are always welcome.
I can be able to finish a model with not good instructions, but not after making mistakes, unstick pieces already glued and having headaches. Not that I cannot make the same type of mistakes with good instructions because I haven't look well enough at them, but in any case the number of mistakes will be smaller.
Commercial companies sell their kits mostly to veteran modelers and they are used to the lack of step to step instructions.
About Pilsworth's designs, I haven't tried any yet, so I cannot have an opinion.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
And the polemic should continue, why not? It helps us all and it is one of the main issues in any forum.
RICK
Please start your own thread about it. Discuss what you like. But not in my thread.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
Please start your own thread about it. Discuss what you like. But not in my thread.

Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you command!!!! Your orders will be followed to the letter!! No discussions in "your" thread.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:05 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you command!!!! Your
orders will be followed to the letter!! No discussions in "your" thread.
Ok.. You have continually imposed on build threads to express your "dislike" that
designers, many of whom do so for free, do not conform to your demands of what
you want them to do for instructions.

You have already been asked to start your own conversation about this in the cardboard
lounge.

You have ignored that option to continue your rant. If you do not wish to
have your own thread concerning this topic, we can help you end your displeasure
with designers not acquiescing to your wants, and end this in a non productive way.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Banned

Thanks Ray, you are kind and I appreciate your very good will helping on this instructions matter. Your valuable opinions will be taken into account.

Best wishes,

Rick
Old 10-06-2017, 01:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
There it is.

Well, here's the finished plane.
In my enthusiasm that I had finished the build I initially forgot to put on the mud guards and one extra LG strut but all that has been dealt with.

The PDF of the recolour has been approved by Gary and will be in the download section any time soon, I uploaded it today.

Thanks and especially Gary, thank you for the model!
Attached Thumbnails
Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110219.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110220.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110223.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110225.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110226.jpg  

Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110228.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110229.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110230.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110234.jpg   Handley Page HP.42 whiffery-p1110235.jpg  

Old 10-06-2017, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
that's a lovely looking hp42 well done sir
Old 10-06-2017, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
My compliments!
Looking forward to give it a try too.

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 10-06-2017, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Wing did come out straight in the end. Smaller model than my mental image of it! But then in a larger model that wing would be a monster.
Google Adsense

Tags
airliner, handley-page, hp.42, what-if