PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-06-2017, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Yoav

I'm now convinced that white airplane can be beautiful. Love the small scoops, very realistic .

Isaac

I told you at that time that even though the model is white, it would be special.

The dirt and the weathering give the special touch, if it was clean white, then you're right ... it will be relatively boring.

YOAV
Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 AM

thanks Elliot and Todd too for the kind words.

YOAV
Old 11-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I wonder if plain white would be relatively boring. You know, things are new before getting old. Weathering that works so well here might be less adequate for, say, a XB-70 model...
Anyway, your “dirty white” is of the best variety
Old 11-06-2017, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.61 GB
I wonder what would have happened if the model would have been on 1 :1 scale with some real machinery....
I'd have flown it away!!!!!
Old 11-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
I wonder if plain white would be relatively boring. You know, things are new before getting old. Weathering that works so well here might be less adequate for, say, a XB-70 model...
Anyway, your “dirty white” is of the best variety
hi ricardo

Perhaps the word "boring" here is not so appropriate.

But the story behind it is that when I started the project, a few friends asked me to paint the FUOGA in Israeli camouflage, like blue / brown in the sixties, or sand / brown / green of the seventies, but since I already have my models in these schemas, So I told them that I was going on a flight school FOUGA that was painted white with a bow and the tips of red wings.

Some of my friends did not like the idea so much, but I promised them that I would do something special, and I intend to dirty the model like it is in the Israeli Air Force's junkyard.

In the end, that's what came out, some love, some love less, but I really like the result and that's what matters ... Is not that so ???

take care.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 11-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I love it. Very well done, sir.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
hi ricardo

Perhaps the word "boring" here is not so appropriate.

But the story behind it is that when I started the project, a few friends asked me to paint the FUOGA in Israeli camouflage, like blue / brown in the sixties, or sand / brown / green of the seventies, but since I already have my models in these schemas, So I told them that I was going on a flight school FOUGA that was painted white with a bow and the tips of red wings.

Some of my friends did not like the idea so much, but I promised them that I would do something special, and I intend to dirty the model like it is in the Israeli Air Force's junkyard.

In the end, that's what came out, some love, some love less, but I really like the result and that's what matters ... Is not that so ???

take care.

YOAV
last line says it all.design what you want
Old 11-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Does anyone out there remember the Heller plastic kit? I made one up and put it in Israeli marking and gave it to my then girlfriend. My current girlfriend/ wife it is still a secret!Just celebrated 54 years with her,the wife that is!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomohio View Post
Does anyone out there remember the Heller plastic kit? I made one up and put it in Israeli marking and gave it to my then girlfriend. My current girlfriend/ wife it is still a secret!Just celebrated 54 years with her,the wife that is!
I do remember the old Heller kit. It was not too accurate as most other Heller models when they started making plastic models in the early fifties. I also remember a Boeing 707 that had halve of the fuselage moulded in white and the other halve in silver to avoid painting. Heller is still in business and they have beautiful, accurate models.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
I do remember the old Heller kit. It was not too accurate as most other Heller models when they started making plastic models in the early fifties. I also remember a Boeing 707 that had halve of the fuselage moulded in white and the other halve in silver to avoid painting. Heller is still in business and they have beautiful, accurate models.
I built them all

Actually Heller made a tiny 1/100 scale Fouga. It was too small to look accurate.

( and a Mirage 3

and Vautour ).
Fouga magister - building report-img_4647.jpgFouga magister - building report-img_4649.jpg

Also in 1/72 scale
Fouga magister - building report-img_5155.jpgFouga magister - building report-img_5158.jpg

and another Fouga in a large scale like 1:30 , 1:40 or so scale.

Fouga magister - building report-img_4862.jpg ( I was using it as a paint test plane so it looks like crap ).

I just gave them ( and my entire 1/72 scale IAF models ) away last month at our club meeting here in Dayton.

Isaac
Google Adsense