PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
In general I have no problem with white models except for two things-I have to was my hands very,very often from water based glue I'm using and keeping it white after it's done is a major issue.All white models I printed change colors to some small degree but it's most noticeable on white models.It's combination of paper/clear lacquer that's the problem and I'm still looking for better lacquer.

Luckily Yoavs Fouga is immune to it since it's weathered nicely.I'm still ogling at engine section both top and bottom of it.This is one damn good work right there.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Hi Yoav,
A great job and a great model to come, as usual Yoav. This is “The Plane” I have been looking for for years. Once the Fouga model with the “David Star” is available, would it be possible to get the French version in the “Ecole de l'Air / Salon de Provence” dressing with the school emblem “Eagle feeding its eaglets”. Fouga Magister is such a legendary figure in the French Air Force, it would be great having this version of the model available also.
I remember the Yaron's version of your SM-B2 as it was used by the 10th Escadre of Cambrai …. A model on my list of “to-do” once I have completed the A-1 Skyraider I am fighting against (a true nightmare to build).
Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Fouga magister - building report-ecole_air1165.jpg   Fouga magister - building report-fouga.jpg   Fouga magister - building report-fouga507_dv5-312_24041985.jpg  
Old 11-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Hi PICARDIE

My model will be ready for distribution at the end of December.

However, there will probably be a delay in his delivery, because I need my friend Theo to translate the files and instructions from Hebrew to English.
only now he has just finished translating the instructions for the A-4F Skyhawk, because he also builds models to show them at the annual exhibition Of the Israeli model club.

As for the French version of the model, I'll talk to my friend Yaron, and we'll see what we can do for it.

The problem with the French version versus my model, that my model represents a jet training plane of the Israeli Air Force, and therefore changes must be made, such as canceling all kinds of openings and antennas, as well as all kinds of panels in the outer shell of the model on both sides of the cockpit.
For example, in the Israeli training model, there are 2 open handles for the cockpit, one for each pilot, while the French model has a completely different opening handle.....only one to both pilot and co-pilot.

The most significant change is the canopy, which requires a change in the back.
The Israeli model is opaque while the French model is transparent, and then there is a need to plan everything under the transparent back part .... and there is a lot.

When that time comes, I will try to convince my friend Yaron to do it ... because I am already moving on to the next model.

YOAV

Last edited by YOAVHOZMI; 11-07-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Great details you are providing, which makes the model very attractive! One thing I noticed though, and you may have seen it as well, is the slight misalignment of the Star of David and blue circle around it at the engine exhausts. Can you still correct?

Regards,
Erik
Old 11-08-2017, 01:41 AM

Location: One of the most beutifull place on earth - Zur Hadassa, place neer Jerusalem.
Total Downloaded: 1.86 GB
Hi Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
Hi PICARDIE

However, there will probably be a delay in his delivery, because I need my friend Theo to translate the files and instructions from Hebrew to English.
only now he has just finished translating the instructions for the A-4F Skyhawk, because he also builds models to show them at the annual exhibition Of the Israeli model club.

As for the French version of the model, I'll talk to my friend Yaron, and we'll see what we can do for it.

The problem with the French version versus my model, that my model represents a jet training plane of the Israeli Air Force, and therefore changes must be made, such as canceling all kinds of openings and antennas, as well as all kinds of panels in the outer shell of the model on both sides of the cockpit.
For example, in the Israeli training model, there are 2 open handles for the cockpit, one for each pilot, while the French model has a completely different opening handle.....only one to both pilot and co-pilot.

The Israeli model is opaque while the French model is transparent, and then there is a need to plan everything under the transparent back part .... and there is a lot.

When that time comes, I will try to convince my friend Yaron to do it ... because I am already moving on to the next model.

YOAV
First the Fouga is beautiful with excellent details, white version is interesting and this is the "Tsukit" color any way, for myself I'm interesting with the 6 days war scheme maybe we will have it one day or another, the early version need also add of machine guns in the nose. maybe but just maybe we will have landing gear option for the Skyhawk and the Tsukit, this will be great and I know that you are not the one that will design it and what about the last parts to see the final model? looking forward to meet you in the Hanuka exhibition with waze or without it
Google Adsense
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
Hi PICARDIE

YOAV

Good catch Yoav, I did not notice these differences between the IAF Fouga and the French Air Force one. I understand it will be less easy than I thought to publish the French version. So, just consider my message as a wish or a dream, if it comes true it will be great, otherwise it's not a problem your IAF version is such a beauty.

(PS, I made a mistake as for the Escadre that was based on the Cambrai AFB, it was the 12e Escadre. The 10e Escadre was settled on the Creil AFB and the 30e Escadre was on the Reims AFB. This clarification is for the french readers to prevent they correct me :-))
Old 11-08-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
Great details you are providing, which makes the model very attractive! One thing I noticed though, and you may have seen it as well, is the slight misalignment of the Star of David and blue circle around it at the engine exhausts. Can you still correct?

Regards,
Erik

Thanks Erik.

I noticed the subject of the Star of David....nobody is perfect.
but in reality it is less noticeable, at the moment my model does not have much to do, it seems to me that I will leave it.

Anyway, I'll try to fix it in the files .... Hope not to forget, because lately I have a lot of things on my head from all directions ... some good and some less good.

take care.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 AM

Hi PICARDIE

Sorry I can not fulfill your dream soon, but get a tip from me.

the files of my models are with very good quality and resolution, so I do not see a problem to mark the inside surfaces and the contents of the panels with Photoshop and remove the color.

All the different marks, such as the screws, nitts and scripts will remain, and then you can add a layer of desired color and then you have a model that you want.
Of course you will need to add your desired icons on the top layer.

I'm almost 100 percent sure it can be done.

I did it in the distant past, before I knew how to use Photoshop as I know today.

YOAV
Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 AM

that's it, at this moments I finished with the fuel tanks of the edges of the wings, which means that I have finished the work of building the model.

YOAV

Pictures of fuel tanks.

Mounted at the ends of the wings.

A look at the final model ... but only at the bottom.

Later this week, I intend to photograph the model against a blue sky background.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.61 GB
Wwwwwwwooooooooooowwwwww!!!!!!
Please some pics from top front, too☺️
Google Adsense