PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-20-2017, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel

Good morning folks,
in november this year 3 guys (including myself) traveled to Israel to do some hiking on the so called Jesus trail 65 km from Nazareth to Capernaum) and to do some sightseeing...

What sights can be more intersting for a papermodeler than Yoavs planes I thought...

So I dropped him a line via the papermodelers forum and we figured out a time and place to meet.

So when we were in the vicinity of Tel Aviv which is about an hour to Yoavs place, we met Moshe - a friend of Yoav in Tel Aviv and went on...
Besides one adventurous accident (a car bumped our rented car at a red traffic light from behind) in which it turned out to be a great advantage to have a native speaker on board (a big thank you to Moshe this time again) the trip to Yoav was uneventful but with a great conversation with Moshe.

When we arrived at Yoav it turned out that he has invited some other modelers to join us, prepared a huge amount of food (I still remember "eat, eat my friends" from time to time ) and he gave us a warm welcome.

We had a blast meeting fellow modelers - all of the were very very nice guys which I'd love to meet sometime again - and watching the models. Almost everyone had one of these well known brown mystery boxes carrying papermodels (we all know these, don't we? ) and so we had plenty of models to watch inclusing Yoavs newest creations, the A-4 and the Fouga - both masterpieces as we could see in his posts...

Touching this beauties and watching them close up was a blast. Awesome work he did!

When the discussion went on and it came to the canopies fro his models (I did once the Kfir and did my own), Yoav just said: Wait... wait...
pulled his vacucleaner from beneath the shelf, lit up the oven and we were witnesses of his vacuform method...
Well to be short... I went home with canopies for his models and I am very thankful for this gift which caused some irritations at the customs (Do you have any gifts from Israel? - Yes mam - What do you have - some canopies for model airplanes - What????). Well after this small intervention all was safe and I managed to take the canopies well protected to germany

Some pictures are attached. Words can not really describe what the meeting was like... A big thank you to Yoav and friends again and to say it with Arnies words:

I'LL BE BACK

On the group pictures you can see from left to right: Theo, Oliver(germany), Yoav, Dirk (germany), Ron, Moshe, Oren and myself.

What a great pleasure to meet so many nice people!
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my01.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my02.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my03.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my04.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my05.jpg  

Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my06.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my07.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my08.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my09.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my10.jpg  

Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my11.jpg   Meeting at Yoavs place - my trip to Israel-my12.jpg  

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir

Last edited by McTschegsn; 11-20-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2017, 02:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Hey Chris

It was fun to meet you and your friends.
There was a very beautiful and very helpful meeting.
We have passed experiences and also information on building paper models.
I would be happy to meet you again.

The names of my friends in the shared picture.

Theo - in the blue shirt on the left
Oren - on your left side in the white shirt
Moshe - in a gray shirt, on the left of Moshe
Ron - the guy behind them all
and me in the black shirt

regards from Israel

YOAV
Old 11-20-2017, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.38 MB
Very impressive collection of highly detailed models. I like the aquarium, too. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.88 MB
Hay Chris...

It was a pleasure to meet one more fellow modeller (and his friends) at yoav's place ,these meetings are always fun and educational for all of us and sometimes we get persents
I think it is safe to say that we will welcome any modeller that is in the area and wants to meet up .

for other meetup's to come....
moshe.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Fantastic

It is so great to see international modelers get together. And meeting with all our friends in Israel is always a fantastic bonus.

I can see that Yoav's display case is getting crowded with so many models.

many thanks for sharing the experience.

Regards

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2017, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Thanks for sharing, friends.
A dream of models...
Is the Mystere IV silver liverie in second image
a comercial or repaint model?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Great series of photos!! Smiles on the faces says it all..
Old 11-20-2017, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Good to see you had a great time together. It's clear to see that paper unites! As always, it's good to see the faces behind the people. Surely a very nice place you have there Yoav, by the way!

Regards,
Erik
Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I loved the “tower plane” concept!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks like quite a friendly gathering there. Thanks for the report.
Google Adsense