PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
These are both amazing and beautiful.

I cannot begin to imagine how you can do such minute work.

Thanks you for sharing them.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
1/1000?! You'll go blind man!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:52 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Both my eyes and head hurts from trying to even think that small. 1/1000, no matter what, it certainly looks good.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thank you my friends for commenting. No worries as I have an OptiVisor to assist my eye sight. It's pretty much like wearing an magnifying glass to work on tiny parts, as a matter of fact, all parts.

Papermate
Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Thank you guys and now it's at 1/400, in flight mode, with a hidden magnet in the belly to allow the model to "stick" to the tip of the stand. Props don't spin, just in case you're curious.

Papermate
very encouraging, I mostly do 1/400 and I really liked your technique of the magnet. best regards!
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM

Yeah, it's good for display without drilling a hole on the belly of the plane's fuselage.
However, you'll have to shop around for small rectangular or square magnets about 5 to 6 mm.

Papermate
Old 01-19-2018, 03:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Amazing work Papermate! Browsed through your thread on my way to work and I almost forgot to alight the train. You mention you're using normal printing paper, which is very thin so I was wondering how are you reinforcing the fuselage and wings. By formers, rolled up paper tubes, laminating or stuffing up?

By building the model in this scale you will certainly not run out of space very soon .

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-19-2018, 04:46 AM

Thanks, Erik. Like you said, I normally use paper tubes to do the fuselage and laminate the templates on another sheet of paper of the same weight. To protect the surface, I brush a layer of clear paint on the template before building. This will give some more strength to the paper and avoid accidentally messing up the surface with glue or dirty fingers.

Papermate
Old 01-19-2018, 03:24 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Papermate, I have said it before and I will keep saying it. You are unreal. How you can build these highly detailed model and so small has always been one of those idea I have a hard time to get my head around. 1000th scale is so far beyond my ability to even think of. Parts are so small, fragile and I would think not easy to move without fear of a part falling off. I guess when that happens it's lost upon contact for the floor. Way to small for these old eyes and shacking hands but I always look forward to what ever your building and I'm very happy you do build these and hope you'll always be there making these beautiful small models. Thank you Papermate for sharing. Love your work and your craft. wc
Old 01-19-2018, 07:59 PM

Thank you wc for your kind comments. You're right, when small parts fall off the desk where I'm working on the model, 9 times out of 10 I just can't find them. So, normally I print one or two more copies just in case. They say, the show must go on. Of course, after a number of F words!!!

Papermate
Google Adsense