PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
hi Isaac

About the place of the bay for the front landing gear....
It's not so accurate what did you say.

when I planned the model, I did a little experiment in the nose of the white prototype that finally left room for the front part of the landing gear bay, although a crowded place, but there remained room ... And there was no need to remove part of the ejection seat.

Apparently, along the way, there was a small misunderstanding between my intention to the plan of Yaron, and therefore he had to do an operation to adjust the ejection seat and so on.

If I continued to design the model to the end, including a bay for the landing gear, then there was no need for surgery for the seat.
Sometimes this is what happens in real life, when planning goes from hand to hand.

I'll send you some pictures by email so you will understand what i am talking about.

All in good spirit and in the spirit of the holiday.

happy Hanuka.

YOAV
Old 12-12-2017, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
My ancestors came from that of the world many, many, well before the last century anyway. The last emigration hitch from northern France, apparently a chap called Bill was organising a bit of a tour to see his second cousin for a game of hopskotch or something and they liked it so much they stayed here. Muppets. They must have been over for a summer when it did NOT rain. Happy Hanukkah Isaac and to all of the faith. I am a Trekkie so have it all ways.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up Minor modification

Yoav

I got your photo of the intended modification. In any case, I wanted to make sure that if others choose to install the nose gear, they will have to make modifications.

Also, I added additional material to the gear bay and therefore the ejection seat bottom was trimmed as well. However, it can't be seen when installed.

So no worries.

חנוכה שמח

Happy Hanukkah

Isaac
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Thumbs up Fuselage halves joined

Its time to join the nose section and the rear fuselage together.

There is a glue tab above and below. However, as usual, I have to strengthen all joints and connection especially since I added weight to the nose section and the joint would be over stressed
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5769.jpg

So my solution was to add a long wood dowel to the nose section as well as a glue plate that would slide into position when joined.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5771.jpg

cut a hole in the aft fuselage frame 6
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5772.jpg

add glue
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5773.jpg

push the nose section and dowel into the rear fuselage

and join the two sections
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5774.jpg

Happy first night of Hannukah

Isaac
Old 12-13-2017, 01:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Isaac, the connection between the nose section and the rest of the fuselage is a bit tricky. It's good that you have reinforced it this way.

Good luck with the next step, being the air intakes. I found it very hard to "wedge" them properly in between the fuselage and front section sides and to have smooth seams as possible. Similar to the KK F104G, remember?

At this point I did not follow Yoav's instruction of assembling the entire inlet first, and then installing it. I chose for partial assembly, by installing the skin first to have a smooth seam and then building up the rest of the inlet bit by bit. Had to do the inlets twice... For me it worked best this way.

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 12-13-2017, 09:03 AM

Erik

I had to reinforce the fuselage connections first . I did follow the next steps in fully assembling the side intakes. Came OK .

I'll post my progress a bit later .

Isaac
Old 12-13-2017, 05:16 PM

Exclamation Ejection seat surgery

The ejection seat is built with no issues.

However, because of the nose landing gear bay interferes with the bottom of the cockpit tub, the seat bottom as well needed trimming. Due to the extra card material I used, the trimming is significant. However, it is un noticeable once the seat is installed. So no worries.

Seat surgery
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5775.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5776.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5777.jpg

and installed
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5778.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5779.jpg

Isaac
Old 12-13-2017, 05:18 PM

Status pics

Here is what the fuselage looks like so far.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5780.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5781.jpg

Isaac
Old 12-14-2017, 09:18 AM

Smile Canopy and fairing

At this point, you need to assemble the clear vacuformed canopy to the framing and the aft fairing.

here are the parts
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5782.jpg

clear part
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5783.jpg

and dry fit first
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5784.jpg

glue the frame and part of the aft fairing.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5785.jpg

Here are the canopy and windscreen inner surfaces. I cut it to small pieces to match the inside contours.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5787.jpg
An important note: If you plan a closed canopy, then the round bow frame with the rear view mirrors has to be trimmed back thin or else it looks out of sort and too low into the cockpit.

A quick view of the cockpit. Add the clear gun sight glass plate.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5789.jpg

last dry fit of the assembly to the fuselage.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5792.jpg

At this point you must decide on the open or closed canopy configuration. For me, I kept it closed because the Mirage has no real flaps or external panels that open up on the ground ( and the 4 speed brakes in the wing are just too small to notice ). So just keeping the canopy open made no impact.

Now glue the canopy/ fairing assembly.
Mirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5795.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5797.jpgMirage 3C- Yoav model 1/30 scale-img_5799.jpg

Note : there are 4 small strips under the side canopy to be added ( that's later ).

Isaac
Old 12-14-2017, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Another great job on the canopy, Isaac. Very nice clean work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense