PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 600.66 MB
Complicated model I like it. Nice and accurate work!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Someway you always succeed in impressing me, Erik.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Great work erik.
That's interesting to see you got problem with edge gluing when personally is the opposite, I'm always cutting those flap in order to make edge glueing, With some part like tiny boxes I event cut then and edge glue instead of wrapping it...
Old 02-20-2018, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Erik,

I experienced exactly the same difficulties you refer about the gondola. On the C-6, the number of joints in the front section is much larger, because the transparency is fake (just painted). You'll find the same tab trick useful to glue the engine nacelles to the lower wing skin. In that case, I used double thickness paper, taken from spare bits that Halinski provide to get parts coloured on both sides. It is easier to disguise

The camera is just
Old 02-22-2018, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Holy Cow, Erik...I thought I posted something about that dang camera but I guess I never hit "send"...???

It's fantastic. It looks like you could load some film and take some shots. Immaculate.

Keep posting,
Dan
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2018, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Towards completion of the cockpit

Hello PM's, thanks once more for your kind responses. It's a tough build and any encouragement is very much appreciated! I have a bit of backlog so herewith the second progress report of the week, but the moment of zero backlog and real time is nearing very quickly.

The lack of gluing tabs for certain parts will be a challenge in time to come, but I have dealt with that before. Regarding the engine nacelles for instance, the Orlik Mosquito build 4 years ago has the same design. We'll see when I get there!

One of the last items to be glued in the cockpit area are the hydraulic pedals at the pilot's position. Again lots of small parts that make up the end result. The pedal assemblies are glued between the structural members that make up part no. 19 in the nose.

When checking internet pictures of the real thing I noticed several hydraulic lines connected to the cylinders behind the pedals. As they are quite visible in the nose, even after installation of the "bee-eye" dome, I decided to include the visible part of these lines, made from 0.6mm diameter plastic rods. Not an easy task as the lines need to be pre-shaped and glued in a very cramped and small space. But once started, the job should be finished. The end result is shown in the third and fourth pictures.

For reference I include a real cockpit picture here where the pedals and hydraulic lines are clearly visible. Certainly, Halinski made a very finely detailed cockpit but boy oh boy, it's simple compared to the original ...

The above is the result of sparing a few minutes here and there over the past few weeks and you may have noticed some changes to the nose. That relates to the nose dome and will be the next episode, some time.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6945.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6946.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_e7097.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7098.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-081230-f-1234p-022.jpg  

Old 02-23-2018, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
I know very well your feelings when you find a photo showing much more details of those you was hoping to see.

And the battle starts.

I mean the battle from the little white angel on one shoulder saying you have put enough details on your model and the little red devil on the other shoulder saying that you can add that little thing or that other one over there...

And the brave modeler - that is always a little masochist, let's face it - decides ALL THE TIMES to listen the little devil!

Yes, I know very well how do you feel...

Well, looking at your model the little devil was right!
Old 02-23-2018, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
This build is really incredible, it will be a masterpiece when finished.

Beard
Old 02-23-2018, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Erik

You really need small LED lights to show off the great interior detail

Love it

Isaac
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
It's fun to watch your model building Erik, looks really nice

Tags
halinski, ju 88d-1