PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-21-2018, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Opening holes for accessibility is common practice. Closing those that will be hidden is not . If someone needed an evidence that you really like what you do...
The fuselage shape looks very much the same as in the C-6 version. I remember that the cross section is boarder at the bottom, where it mates the wing, and becomes broader at the top, further aft.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Empennage section - Part 1

Gents, thanks once more. One remark to the previous post: To smooth out edges I usually seal them with white glue afterwards by using a small brush and applying a narrow strip of glue that covers the edges. Then I run my slightly wetted index finger along the edge to smear in the glue and remove any excess the same time. If required, I use the nail of the index finger to flatten any irregularity. This may seem a bit primitive, but it works. I think this is what others mean when using the term "burnishing"?

The empennage section comprises the last fuselage sections 36 (internals), 37 and 38. There is a number of formers to be installed here. I had a hard time to install them properly, because they are thin and the inside skin around it, especially at the tail end was simply too tight. This required correction by cutting out a tiny wedge of the rear former. Luckily the final fuselage section, which is almost rectangular, fitted well so the problem was a local one.

The internal lining is too tight because there is no way that the outside skin can be wrapped around it in a proper way without applying too much force in order to make ends meet without the serious risk of collapsing the thin formers.

Finally that part of the hydraulic fluid line to the rudder which is partly visible through the tail wheel well has to be installed. The line has a bit of a weird shape to accommodate the tail wheel. At first I shaped a 2mm thick hollow brass tube but later on decided to simply use the tubed segments of the original, and reinforced them with a plastic rod. So much easier to bend in the required shape.

Some of the pictures are overexposed to better show the wheel well internal details.

Against the grey hollow surface (last picture) the rudder will be installed.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7106.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7107.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7109.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7123.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7124.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7125.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7126.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7128.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7129.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7130.jpg  

Old 03-28-2018, 09:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Very nice work Erik.

with your permission, A little tip....
When I have to wrap a long cylinder with curves, I take a wire with the desired thickness, wrap it with thin paper and then bend it to the desired shape.
And because the thin paper is flexible, I get a bent pipe without folding and cutting.
I use regular white glue, because the white glue based on water and softens the paper and gives it more flexibility.

YOAV

An example of 2 F-4E refueling pipeline I have produced in the past.

Last edited by YOAVHOZMI; 03-28-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
My apologies but I must ask... Yoav is that F-4 landing gear retractable?
Old 03-29-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
My apologies but I must ask... Yoav is that F-4 landing gear retractable?
Sorry, but it is not for publication.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2018, 12:31 AM

Hi Yoav, thanks for the tip, but there's a bit more to the story. The tube consists of 4 of 5 individual segments, which glued together already result in the overall required shape. As this is a very weak construction to install inside the wheel well, I decided to use a preshaped plastic core and then slid each segment over the core, like threading a bead chain. As the plastic core was just a bit too thin (couldn't find the right thickness), I had first wrapped it in thin paper.

I share the same surprise as Falco: Did I just see a Yoav model with a landing gear, presumably built and pictured by the Master Himself???

Cheers,
Erik
Old 03-30-2018, 07:23 AM

Yoav you must have misunderstood... I was simply asking about the landing gear and if it can be articulated in the up or down position because you posted one pic with the landing gear up and another with the landing gear down. This is simple curiosity, I was not asking if the Model itself was available for download.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
Yoav you must have misunderstood... I was simply asking about the landing gear and if it can be articulated in the up or down position because you posted one pic with the landing gear up and another with the landing gear down. This is simple curiosity, I was not asking if the Model itself was available for download.
These are two different models of F-4E.
regard to the landing gears...they are more self-produced than parts that drawn in files.

YOAV
Old 04-01-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks for clearing that up... great looking model by the way, perfection itself. The Tip on tubes is very much appreciated, I will have to try it soon.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Empennage part 2: Tail fin and rudder

Next are the tail fin and rudder. For Halinski standards the internal structure of these parts is modest, nevertheless effective as the outside skin parts can be glued precisely on its edges.

The difficult part of the work is properly installing the flat bottom of the vertical tail fin structure to the slightly curved upper side of the fuselage.
The mating upper side has to be fully flat as well and it wasn't. I used sand paper to flatten the upper side of the fuselage and to hollow the flat bottom structure, for as far as possible. All together just enough to make the tail fin fit properly.

The rudder has a few fine details, such as a hand grip, and I used drops of white glue to create a light bulb out of the flat navigation light on the rudder's edge.

The print detail of this part of the model is great, albeit rather morbid with all the sunken ships painted on the tail surfaces.

I checked for proper vertical alignment by using a cross drawn on a piece of paper. For this I already installed the thin metal rod that will be the core of the horizontal stabilizer structure.

I'm not sure of the function of the last part of the tail section (part no. 40). Tail skid or vent duct outlet? A small part but very elaborate, truly Halinski style...

Cheers,
Erik

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7161.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7162.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7170.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7172.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7173.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7174.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7176.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7177.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
halinski, ju 88d-1