PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-22-2017, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Another newby question

While working on kits and waiting for glue to dry I search the interwebs for new aquisitions. Is the a "hierarchy" posted somewhere for the preferred manufacturers? It seems like some kits are better engineered than others.

Thanks in advance.
Google Adsense
Old 12-22-2017, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I have found that it is easier to determine quality of model by the person who designed it rather than the publisher.

After building for a while, there are certain designers I tend to avoid and some that I gravitate towards. I often go to the Konradus forum and click on their WSMK database to see who designed what. It is not a perfect, updated database, but it helps me figure out which models may build better than others.

If you are still looking at publisher hierarchy though: Halinski is considered to be the pinnacle by most. Other established publishers are tending to catch up on level of detail and build experience though and are equal or not far behind.

greg
Old 12-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Is this it?Does it have an English version?

WWW.KONRADUS.COM - FORUM MODELARZY KARTONOWYCH
Old 12-22-2017, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Go up to the top of that page and click on wsmk that takes you to the database. There is a British flag in the top right corner for English.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
It seems like some kits are better engineered than others.
"Better" is like a beauty-it's in the eye of a beholder."Different" would be term I would use.Some designers prefer one way of doing things,others have another way.Some are simple,others are very complicated (I'd say over engendered).

Is Halinski better than GPM or Batexa?That's matter of opinion and personal preference.Imho Hyundai makes better cars than GM.Is it true?For some yes,for others no.
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2017, 01:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
"Better" is like a beauty-it's in the eye of a beholder."Different" would be term I would use.Some designers prefer one way of doing things,others have another way.Some are simple,others are very complicated (I'd say over engendered).

Is Halinski better than GPM or Betexa?That's matter of opinion and personal preference.Imho Hyundai makes better cars than GM.Is it true?For some yes,for others no.
One thing is opinion and personal preferences, but facts are facts, some models is not possible to build without massive modifications / fixes because individual parts are simply do not fit to others
Old 12-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
That is a matter of skill.For example many successfully build old,hand drawn models when others fail terribly.Many (including your truly) find complicated models impossible to do and find simpler models better.I imagine same goes the other way around.