PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-22-2018, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
Nice progress and result up so far Glen. Now that you have put all the major parts together - it's quite a big model isn't it?

Erik
Thanks Erik, I have looked at your build carefully prior to this, and I wish mine had the precise building of your example, and I have made a few modifications on the original, thanks for your help through really a nice build thread...the model is large, similar to my old P-38 model I won't be able to fit my 1/33 models on one shelf ha but I like models in this size. Not too much to build yet, prop blades, nose guns most parts done already, but I had some extra time to work on a model over the holidays and then couldn't stop!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Continuing great progress, I have a 1:24 Airfix that I will build one day, when I am more organised.......
Thanks Mike this plane is unique in lots of ways that makes one respect De Havilland's genius original design.... I suppose again much credit still also lies in the Rolls Royce Merlin....
Old 01-22-2018, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
doing a good job Glen

Old 01-23-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanmodels View Post
doing a good job Glen
Thanks kindly David enjoyed seeing the details of your build ... much more complex those armor models.....
I encountered some challenges presently with gear however will be nice to have a mossie anyway although certainly not perfect....
Old 01-23-2018, 09:32 PM

Present status of this bird, some issues but overall still pretty happy with the model, gear placement is a bit tricky, as noted by Erik with his build, but I could have taken more time lining things up, but the gear doors are yet to be added, so I think will look ok. Just made holes in nose for nose guns, and should have placed on the elevators as they are made and all the tail feathers are well designed.
Attached Thumbnails
Orlik Mosquito, stalled project-img_1726.jpg   Orlik Mosquito, stalled project-img_1727.jpg   Orlik Mosquito, stalled project-img_1728.jpg   Orlik Mosquito, stalled project-img_1729.jpg   Orlik Mosquito, stalled project-img_1730.jpg  

Old 01-24-2018, 01:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Great job Glen on the landing gear! Good luck with the gear doors, I found those quite difficult to install given the small hinges. Luckily you didn't opt to have open bomb bay doors in that respect. The mud guards are easily ticked loose by accident during handling of the model, so be careful.

There are some excellent detailed pictures of the Mosquito's landing gear and doors on the internet, which I found very useful at the time as I was puzzled by the function of the frame like structure on each of the gear struts. These served as guides to smoothly open and close the doors. Springs kept the doors in place.

Regards,
Erik
Old 01-24-2018, 05:46 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Glen...The landing gear is a work of art in it's own rights, damned good job my friend. She's sitting pretty already even.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.48 MB
You're doing good on this Mosquito. Looks neatly.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 PM

Thanks Erik it is a pretty satisfying model not Halinski but I really do like the way the gear are presented and obviously a cool aircraft...
Haven’t looked at the gear door attachment yet will give some consideration to them, I usually simplify a bit there by glueing the doors on and then apply the hinges though....is often possible we’ll see ?
Old 01-24-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Glen...The landing gear is a work of art in it's own rights, damned good job my friend. She's sitting pretty already even.
Very kind Peter I don’t upload the less flattering pictures of the build though ha