PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Hola colegas

Como soy nuevo en esto del foro y no me llevo bien con la computación me cuesta y soy lento pero aprendere.Les comento estoy ensamblando un westland lysander mk.3 de orlik, un modelo con muchas piezas y para mi bien detallado.Recien estoy terminando la cabina y me gustaria si alguien conoce algun metodo o truco para las transparencias. He utilizado laminas de plastico y el problema es el pegado entre este y el papel.Probe muchos tipos de pegamentos y ninguno me convence.El cianocrilato pega bien pero es muy dificil de aplicar pues un ligero error mancha el plastico. Cualquier consejo me sirve.Gracias a todos
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2018, 07:31 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
The above translated by Google Translate and rickstef

Hello colleagues As I am new in this forum and I do not get along with the computer costs me and I am slow but I will learn. I am commenting I am assembling a westland lysander mk.3 from orlik, a model with many parts and for my well detailed. I'm finishing the booth and I'd like if someone knows some method or trick for the transparencies. I used plastic sheets and the problem is the bond between this and the paper. I tried many types of adhesives and none convinced me. The cyanoacrylate sticks well but it is very difficult to apply because a slight error stains the plastic. Any advice serves me. Thank you all
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-12-2018, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
One trick I used recently with great success:

* Mask the transparency with modeler's tape (I used Tamiya yellow tape) just exactly as plastic modelers do when they paint transparent canopies.
* Just leave uncovered the place where the paper should glue.
* Glue the paper frame with cyanoacrylate as usual.
* After it is completely dry, you can take off the tape. (I let it dry for one day).
* No stains in the transparency!

In the following photo you can see how it worked for me:
The front hatch still has the Tamiya tape.
The pilot's windshield is now uncovered. I used Cyanoacrylate to glue the red frame to it, but it was properly masked.
As you can see, it is crystal clear.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards.

And please, for the next time try writing in English (or use Google Translate).
Since most of the people in this forum speaks English, writing in this language
may help others understand you better, and help you quicker

Also: try to be more specific in the title of your threads about the question you have.
"Hola colegas" is too vague and doesn't have anything to do with your canopies question.
When the title of your thread is more specific, people can help you faster and better.

(ps: moderators, I think this should go to "tips & tricks" instead of "model builds". . . And probably have the title changed too?)
Attached Thumbnails
Hola colegas-img_6877.jpg  

Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 AM

Gracias Ruben por tu respuesta y tu consejo lo pondre en practica veo que a ti te a dado excelente resultado luego te comento como me fue.Como dije antes soy nuevo en esto y la computación no es facil para mi pero aprendere a manejarme dentro del foro gracias a sugerencias y consejos como el tuyo.Mil gracias y por cierto tu modelo se ve excelente
Old 01-14-2018, 05:48 AM

Lysander mk3

Estimados colegas estoy construyendo la sección de cola del lysander, varias piezas pero sencillo por ahora.La impresión es en papel de 75grs y parte la pegue en cartón de 0,5 mm y parte en cartón de 1mm.El modelo es de orlik a 1.33.Lo descargue de una pagina rusa.Mi pregunta es si son paginas y modelos legales o pirateados y si es asi como es posible que se permita esto y se pueda acceder tan facilmente? No se si es legal o no y hay miles de modelos de todas las firmas la mayoria creo que polacas.Si alguien me aclara esta duda se lo agradeceria.Saludos
Attached Thumbnails
Hola colegas-20180114_081418.jpg   Hola colegas-20180113_180319.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2018, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
99.9999% of the downloads from the page you mention are illegal.
Is not allowed, but they do it anyways. Criminals keep on doing their business even though they know is not right. It is supposed there are copyright laws in many parts of the world, but some countries just don't enforce them. So they keep doing their illegal activities. Some of those criminals even hide behind statements like "freedom of the internet" and "sharing of knowledge" to justify their criminal activities. But is still piracy of intellectual work.

There are several issues with that kind of models:

* first, as illegal scans, they breach copyright laws and its distribution affects negatively the market of the original printed copies. And affects negatively the designers. That alone is a very important reason. The publishing houses depend on the sales of their kits to keep on the business. They devote only to that activity. And the less money they get, the more likely the will be forced out of the business. And if they disappear, there will be no one designing and publishing. Contrary to what some think, those are not huge international companies that can survive even with some piracy. You don't see Halinski, Orlik, GPM etc. having printing franchises in each European country. And there's a reason almost none of them offer instructions in a language other than Polish: Those are small local businesses and each kit they do not sell really means some euros less they have to pay their employees.

* second. Nothing guarantees those scans are good. In fact many are bad. You will always find mistakes in color, fit, accuracy, size, etc. It is a waste of time trying to build a pirate download, as there will always be distortion in the parts produced by the scanner. And differences in color. Sometimes small, sometimes big distortion. And nothing guarantees all the pages or all the parts are there. If there is a page missing or with bad shape, you can't complain. With an original printed copy you almost never have those issues (that is, unless the kit is badly designed to start with). And if a legal kit is damaged or incomplete, you can always ask support from the original designer or ask for a replacement from the publishing house.

*third, builds of illegal digital copies from those sites are frowned upon in this forum. Moderators and members alike always support the original designers and the original publishers. And allowing the build of a pirate copy to be shared here damages the hobby. If you wish to save yourself some trouble, just do not think on sharing your build of a pirate kit here. From the photo you show, you seem to be a good builder. Just imagine how much better your kit will look with using the original paper and the original inks of the kit.

When in doubt about the origin or legality of a kit, you can ask a moderator via private message. They're always to help. But a rule that almost always work is: If it is a download from those sites, it always is a pirate download. If it looks like a scan from a printed kit, it is an illegal copy and piracy. If it is a digital kit they redistribute and that was originally published by another site (like Yamaha or Canon) it is illegal.

In short: Just don't bother downloading from them. There are official electronic downloads from other sites that are free, some electronic downloads are paid in shops like https://www.ecardmodels.com/ if you live in Spain or other Spanish speaking country, you will have easy access to the European publishers who release original kits. Just look for http://papel3d.com/ store. Is a Spanish store. They are a good source of original kits, and you will be supporting the designers.

Finally:
Again, please write in English.
Moderators here speak English, and most of the users speak English too.
Only a handful of users understand Spanish.
If you don't know English, you can copy your text in google translate, and paste the English version here. Google translate is not perfect, but it helps a lot in the basic communication. Chances are that if you keep writing in a language almost no one understands here, your messages will be ignored and no one will be able to help you.

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 01-14-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Typos.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Vinalssergio155,
Como Ruben explicó. El modelo que tienes de Orlik, si lo descargas desde un wesbite ruso, es una copia pirateada. Fue compartido ilegalmente.

Como regla general en este sitio web, no aprobamos el intercambio de kits pirateados ni los hilos de compilación de los kits pirateados. Por lo tanto, este hilo está cerrado para publicaciones posteriores.

Si desea probar algunos modelos descargados, hay muchos disponibles aquí en este foro. Puede hacer clic en la pestaña de descarga en la esquina superior derecha para acceder a ellos. Además, si hace clic en la pestaña Vínculos, puede encontrar sitios web legítimos para descargar modelos. También debería ver el enlace al sitio web de Orlik donde puede comprar el modelo que está construyendo.

As Ruben explained. The model you have from Orlik, if download from a Russian wesbite, is a pirated copy. It was shared illegally.

As a general rule on this website, we do not condone the sharing of pirated kits nor the build threads of kits which are pirated. Therefore, this thread is closed to further posts.

If you want to try out some downloaded models, there are many available here on the this forum. You can click the download tab on the top right to get to them. Additionally, if you click on the Links tab, there you can find legitimate websites to download models. You should also see the website link for Orlik where you can purchase the model you are building.