PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A daunting prospect but it looks like you have a good plan. Good luck mate, it will be interesting to see your progress.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all

Thanks for all the interest in this little project.

Well my colour ink cartridge has just give up on me, lost count of the amount of refills its had
Time to buy a new one!!

So I thought it was time to give this lady here ID
I have cropped out three sections from the mid upper turret to half of the tail section so you can see her.

The second photo is of a test fit of ribs 8 and 7 for size, as hoped they seem to do the job. These are only quick test parts made from cheap thin card.
I now have most of the forms needed to start building some of the sections.
I just have a few small problems on a few of the skins.
An example of this is if you look at the roundel in the top section of the photo, it is not round if the parts are fitted together, so need to alter that There is a little over half on each one, I'm putting it down to old age .
In the finished model the white lines will not be there, I'm using them as a gauge to check fitting around each section. They will be changed to something like a dark grey colour, just light enough to see but not stand out.
Just sitting now working the drawings for the two engine mounts while thinking of turrets

Regards
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-avro-lanc-wing-ribs.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180122_195602.jpg  
Old 01-23-2018, 10:19 AM

Hi all

As I said wrote at the start I have the attention span of a worm :rolleyes
The mind wondered a little bit to wondered to thinking of turrets ( I can't help it really)

I have attached a little bit of how my thinking is going with the rear turret.
Also how it is to be formed and fit together.
The drawing below shows what I'm thinking and just 2 of the lots and lots of photos I have to use as a reference guides.

Part 1 will be to hold a card tube between them and pivot the guns (not worked that bit out yet)
Part 2 will go outside of part 1 and be fixed to the base part 3, with slots and spigots I'm thinking, not sure yet.
Anyway the hard part now is to design the outer shell and choose the guns for her.

Regards
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-avro-guns-turret.jpg  
Old 01-23-2018, 10:38 AM

Hi

Isaac you wanted to know how I intended to work the cabin?

I have a photo of the control panel and with any luck I intend if possible to work through it bit by bit and make or beef up any parts I can.

The drawing below will give you an idea of my meaning.
Compass has been taken out and the first render of it has been test built.

The second photo is the fist of the ailerons finished ready to be test built, I hope

Regards
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180123_141911.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180123_131829.jpg  
Old 01-24-2018, 04:29 PM

Hi all

Well been at a little test fitting with a few parts.

Please keep in mind all the parts are at design stage and have only been printed in a cost saving draft mode for now, so quality of print is not good
I have worked out how the rear turret is going to be done, I think.
How I want to do it is build the front of the turret first with the gun and glass in it. Then add the rear of the turret like a shell over the back.
The photo with the yellow arrow shows which part has been worked out, I've even had a go at putting in the glass just to see how it would work.
Next stage with this now is to sort out the Browning guns and connecting tube between mounts.
Basically I was checking if the idea would work and most of all I could manage it.
As I'm not using any program to other than paint, its a case of everything needs to be checked and tested before I move on.

Next I will show how the engine pods are getting on

Regards
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180123_195438.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-avro-guns-turret.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2018, 05:05 PM

Hi

Back again if you can stand it.

As in previous post I will show the basics so far for the outboard engine pod.
This at the moment is how it would go together for a model with no engine in it. First I will finish this off just to check everything is ok. Then work out how to remove the formers and put a representation of a Merlin into the pod
that won't be easy.
The photos show what I have tested so far. This is from the leading edge to just before the spinner.
I rushed 2 of the formers when cutting them out, only noticed after I had glued them all up. I was just in from work, tired and to keen to get at it my fault
The concept seems to be working up to now.
It will still need one more bit at the sinner end, exhaust ports and flame shields suppressors added as well.
The last photo shows the pod placed onto a loose folded section of wing.

Well enough for now if your still awake and not nodded off done

Take care
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180124_212415.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180124_215812.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180124_225232.jpg  
Old 01-24-2018, 05:12 PM

A last PS for tonight

This drawing below is the basic colour pattern I'm loosely using for her (not the logo's).
Don't know why just like it

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-9_30_b1.jpg  
Old 01-24-2018, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
WOW, this will be quite the project. A lot f work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 PM

Hi all

Things been a bit slow on the build side of things, due to work and arthritic fingers playing up

Anyway, had to leave building small stuff and got stuck into finding faults to sort out on the main body of the beast.
Due needing to test everything in a build format I have decided to use this model as my test bed until the amount faults I find render this impossible.
The first photo shows the port side mid aft section, the black pen marks show the problem with this bit.
Second photo shows starboard side of same section. On this the faults are on the last section at the tail, but only on one side, the other is ok.

All have now been corrected now and are ready to print the new parts.
Also I have sorted out the over sized roundel I pointed out in a previous post.

Tonight I have printed off the new formers for the second model and will cut the out tomorrow when I get in. Hopefully the should all be ok and line up.
Next thing to check on this model is the next two sections, wing roots and Bombay.

Take care all

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180127_130250-1-.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180127_130314.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180128_232244.jpg  
Old 01-29-2018, 03:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
EM H?Tribute to EMH-1 from ST-V?

Interesting model.I'll be keeping an eye on it and your posts.Good luck.
Google Adsense