PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-18-2021, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Bruno recently released a complete series of Lockheed A-28/Hudson, I ended up not resisting and did a little repainting of "Britania" No. 1, an A-28 belonging to FAB that was donated by Fraternity of Bellows, an amazing organization created by the English and descendants residing in South America to raise funds through parties, social events, arts events to buy planes for the RAF, the fraternity was very strong in Argentina and Brazil, and many non-English people joined this society. It should be noted that the RAF 193 squadron "Brazilian Bellows" equipped with Brotherhood-donated Hawker Typhoons attacked Field Marshal Erwin Romell at the Battle of Normandy on July 17, 1944. Dozens of planes were donated to the RAF, and in Argentina the donations exceeded a hundred planes (an incredible fact considering that the vast majority of the members of the fraternity were common people), the donated planes in general had the names of cities, characters , donors (if it was individual). When Brasill entered the war in 1942, the Fraternity around here organized to donate some planes to the FAB, which was the case with this Hudson. When I finalize this model, I intend to provide more historical details about these facts that are little known to the general public.

My research and repainting was supported by this excellent material, the books "Bombardeiros Bimotores da FAB" by Aparecido Camazano (one of the greatest researchers on the history of Brazilian military aviation in the World) and the recent "Operação Brazilian Bellows" by Paulo Eugenio Pinotti de Almeida.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:24 PM

Smile Vought V156 Rapint by Brent

Yesterday at the CCCP virtual meeting I started a model to be made during the event, which was Brent's excellent repaint of the export version of Vindicator, operated by Aeronavale during the Battle of France in 1940. As we have another meeting scheduled for Saturday At night, I look forward to finishing this little smuggling over the weekend.

Last edited by gomidefilho; 11-18-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Good projects there Pericles. Looking forward to the results of your efforts mate.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I'm looking forward to seeing both projects.
I've been seeking info on Hudson bombers used in Canada but will likely settle on building King's Flight version at some point.
Before that I might make a USMC Vindicator. We will see how things go.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Looks great, thanks for the back story, these details bring any topic to life.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:51 AM

Thanks my friends! More progress on V156 soon.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Fascinating story on the Hudson and great work on the Vindicator.

Don
Old 11-20-2021, 10:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Fascinating story on the Hudson and great work on the Vindicator.

Don
Thank you so much, Don! As soon as I build the Hudson I intend to give more details about the Brotherhood of the Bellows, a typically British idea, but which has become a huge movement in virtually every country in South America, even those that flirted the most with Nazism like Argentina , Chile and Uruguay (Brazil took sides in 1942).

In the next post we'll talk a little about Vindicator.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:59 PM

Smile Progress on V156F

Well friends here I show the main aspects of the construction of the V156F. This model in particular is a repaint made by friend Brent that he already showed in his thread: 1/100 scale is the new black. It's built on top of the second generation Bruno Model Vindicator, with some improvements and as always with excellent textures, the additions to this model that Brent made was to refine the final two fuselage sections a bit and add the undercarriage.

In the photos the basic assembly sequence, as I always have a few different approaches to build the models, the first is to turn the engine face into a former and put it inside the cownling, the other is to turn the wing reinforcement into a paper laminated lintel thick cardboard. The fuselage was built without any problems, however the integration of the wing root fillets requires special preparation and its glueing is not easy, as I ended up making mistakes in the adjustment and losing the entire model.

I want to draw your attention to the difference in printer and paper type. The lightest color I was using in the first version was printed on an Epson L120 Ecotank on 120 gsm bond (sulfite/filiset/offset) paper, the second darkest was printed on an HP Deskjet Advance 3636 on opaline (opalina) paper of the same weight. The difference is significant, consulting references here and there, the HP color is more authentic, now you can't get mad because eventually Epson's colors are more correct, this is the hardware of each equipment that interprets in a way.

I practically finished the model today, I made a series of modifications that as soon as I present it finished here, I'll list it for you. See you soon.
Old 11-21-2021, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Vindicator looking good Pér. By sheer coincidence I'm currently working on a Battle of Midway VMSB-241 SB2U-3 repaint.

I have the advantage of having built this kit before in the form of a U.S.Navy Bombing Sqn Three SB2U-1 for the theme thread by Don Boose and myself. And yes, it's a tricky build but sticking with it produces a good model.