PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Hello my friends!

In short, after our interesting pause on the history of Latin American aviation in the Panama Canal area, and in Brazil, we returned to the O-47.

The challenge of this model is the construction of the fuselage, which has some tight sections due to the belly that was occupied by the rank of the recognizing crew member. We started our assembly with the subsidiary parties.

As you can see in the photos: The wheels were laminated with hard cardboard, they will later be painted. We also set up the tail and wings, notice that some glue tabs have been eliminated. In this section I took advantage and built the canopy, note that the flaps were eliminated and replaced by 56 gsm paper that serve as butt straps to avoid steps in the gluing of the elements. The wing supports and the engine face were laminated on hard cardboard, they will serve in other stages as formers and bonding supports.

Tonight I should start building the fuselage and if there are no surprises I hope to build the entire model today and finish details tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Question

Great! Very good work, now to put all that together.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I really enjoyed seeing your construction images for this model, which is very much in my zone of interest.

Since this is a model that I would like to build myself one day, I am saving all your images and narration, which will be exceptionally helpful.

Don
Old 05-15-2020, 11:19 AM

Thank's my friends!

I glad to help you Don! Go to advance in O-47.

The O-47 is very reminiscent of the T-6 Texan and the BT-9 / BT-14 the reason is simple it is from the same family and uses several components in common in relation to these planes. Last night, I built the fuselage and part of the cowling, adding a former designed at the helm according to the aircraft plan to give volume to the tail chord and the end of the fuselage. Again, all the glue tabs were replaced with 56gsm paper and we do not use the method of gluing in one piece, but with petals, respecting the curvature of each section. With the fuselage assembled, only the cownling was missing, which is a separate chapter in this stage of the assembly.

I don't particularly like the simplification that Bruno makes with his radial engines, turning it into a "face" so whenever I can try to give treatment and volume to this piece. The first step was to cut a 1.4cm-diameter circular firewall with an Olfa cutter on cardboard. This piece was carefully measured and will serve as a former to adjust the glue and as a basis for the volumetric shapes of the engine that I haven't thought about yet, but it will certainly be using a method similar to what Der Kampfflieger sometimes used in his first models creating semi -faces of cylinders or laminating them.

Finally we left for general assembly of the plane, but before gluing the wings and horizontal stabilizers, I glued the canopy starting at the middle and then at the ends with everything dry we started gluing the wings observing the dihedral according to the photos and plans of the plane and then the horizontal part of the tail.

My expectation is to finish the whole model today, let's see if it will be possible.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Really liking your 0-47. This kit was the first Bruno model I tried, and I had to give it up and recycle it.

Wyvern
Old 05-16-2020, 01:07 PM

Smile

Thank's Wyvern, today I finish the model and soon post here. At the moment I scratchbuilding some details no present in original model.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
You may find beauty in unexpected places!
Old 05-16-2020, 09:08 PM

Thank's my friend!

Well friends, the assembly goes to the end without major problems, it is a model that despite the complex shape of the fuselage with its characteristic belly does not present any great difficulties. I opted to just volumetrize the engine reduction box and keep the cylinders as they were originally printed. We added the complete set of antennas and the ADF the masts were made with 180gsm gray paper and an absent air intake at the top of the engine with 120 gsm black paper. With everything dry and ready we applied a layer of varnish and the model was finished.

in the next post the model finished
Old 05-16-2020, 09:15 PM

Smile

Here is the North American O-47 number #731 Bruno catalog, an interesting addition to my collection of inter-war aircraft. The evident kinship with the T-6 family in its first generations is evident mainly in the canopy and in the tail.

Last edited by gomidefilho; 05-16-2020 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
it's a Rubenesque beauty!