PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thank's my friends!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Great techniques, I don't do any of those. I just edge glue the piece I am attaching and hope it goes in the right spot. I did this repaint and mod a few years ago and see a bunch of things I have to fix.

Brent
Brent you made a great work in the model, in fact some small glitches are need fix, I hope you made other versions of Boston/Havoc I/II, I like a lot build this model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I see only end on engine nacelles not quite joining up to rear of the wing but this is model design not repaint issue.

I see magnificent colors and unmistakable shape of Douglas A-20.Excellent work Pericles.

Hopefully someday I'll make one of Soviet A-20 used by either Northern or Baltic fleets.Finns battled those on occasions,so did Germans stationed in Lapland.Few have crashed way up there in Arctic forests.
Thanks Karol! In fact I not finish conformation of wing nacelles fin yet but your are right, is a small flaw of design. The original A-20 model is a second generation Bruno Model for me is natural have small errors, but not remove the nice model he and Brent create, I like a lot this model. About soviets A-20 is a great repaints idea, Soviet Navy used some color schemes, many are refit with soviet turrets.

Is a actual stage of model, now with undercarriage but in legs need a small improvements...

Continue soon...
Old 07-07-2020, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I see only end on engine nacelles not quite joining up to rear of the wing but this is model design not repaint issue.

I see magnificent colors and unmistakable shape of Douglas A-20.Excellent work Pericles.

Hopefully someday I'll make one of Soviet A-20 used by either Northern or Baltic fleets.Finns battled those on occasions,so did Germans stationed in Lapland.Few have crashed way up there in Arctic forests.
Hello,

I had to dig deep in my model drawer to pull out my partial test build. The engine nacelles were redesigned by me so any fit issues are my fault not Bruno's. The DB-7 had a much shorter nacelle at the back and I redesigned it. On my test build and planned design I cut in a little on the back of the wing on each side to form around the nacelle. I hadn't added the cut lines on the copy I sent Pericles.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails
My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-db7a.jpg   My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-db7.jpg  
Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hello,

I had to dig deep in my model drawer to pull out my partial test build. The engine nacelles were redesigned by me so any fit issues are my fault not Bruno's. The DB-7 had a much shorter nacelle at the back and I redesigned it. On my test build and planned design I cut in a little on the back of the wing on each side to form around the nacelle. I hadn't added the cut lines on the copy I sent Pericles.

Brent
Fine work as always Brent!

Friends.

For me the problem of nacelles pointed out by Karol is not serious and easily solved, I chose to glue the whole set and later conform the wing with the nacelle.

The assembly of Bruno's models and derivatives requires a certain imagination in the order of the assemblies and, of course, preferably good documentary sources, because even the simplicity of the assembly has its complexities there. An example of this is the Polikarpov I-15 model, which I started to build and failed miserably in making the wings. (I think I gained some experience, since I built 60 models designed by Bruno and the derivatives repainted by me and our friends!

Old 07-08-2020, 11:08 PM

Cool D-520...

Well friends I hope that tomorrow I finish the DB-7, my schedule is delayed by a series of flaws including two extra tropical cyclones that came from Antarctica and hit the south of South America, in my city it rained a volume of rain that is almost double the expected for the entire month in 48 hours. Of course, I had roof damage and other problems.

In these two days I worked on the D-520 trying to pair its construction with the DB-7. A lot has progressed, although it is very difficult to reproduce the exact shape of the final part of the fuselage, I tried to get as close as possible. There is still a job to paint some white corners and the glue splices of the fuselage sections.

But I am quite satisfied with the cockpit. My expectation is perhaps to finish the D-520 next week and then it is time to think about new projects ...

Old 07-09-2020, 06:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Complicated weather, pandemic, economy, this year sucks. 2020 turned out to be crap. The 520 was a very elegant plane, one of my favorites, excellent progress Pericles.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:52 PM

Smile

Indeed my friend!

Well friends.

The third model of the quadrilogy is finished. I confess that this is one of the models I most enjoyed building this year with the Latecoere in the summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

Despite this very difficult and atypical year, (I will have to move house because the damage to the roof with the cyclone was severe, I was lucky that it didn't rain inside) I have nothing to complain about the model production. Brent and Bruno made a wonderful model that I hope Brent will launch on the market and make other repaints.

Although the situation in Brazil in relation to the COVID 19 pandemic my family and I are taking care of ourselves, so if I disappear for a few days it is because I am repairing the house or looking for another property to rent.

Well come on the photos of this beautiful model that our friends designed / repainted.

The Douglas DB-7 model is based on model # 553 in the catalog, Douglas A-20.

The Brent Mod in addition to repainting modifies the fuselage, the vertical rudder, the engine nacelles to represent the DB-7 of the first batch of French aircraft, used in action during the Battle of France in 1940. Brent also adds landing gear to the model as well as its doors.

My additional modifications added to the model construction:

- Use of fuselage formers extracted from a DB-7 scale plant;

- Added weight to prevent the plane from falling with its tail on the ground;

- Formers for wing root and lintel laminated on cardboard;

- Lamination of the faces of the motors and transformers into formers;

- Addition of antennas as well as their cables;

- Opening of the gunner's post and Scratch of the MAC 1934 machine gun on 180g colored paper;

- Laminated undercarriage wheels.

In the pic the next model of quadrilogy, and time for thinking in the next project.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Finally!
I've been waiting for this DB-7.
Excellent, beautiful work. Simply an amazing model and a great-looking aircraft.
Seriously, I can't take my eyes off it.

Well done!
Old 07-10-2020, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
I understand your satisfaction Pericles! The model is spectacular, you have done an extraordinary job. I am sorry for the problem caused by the cyclone plus the sum of the damn Covid, I hope you can repair the roof, because recently you moved there and doing it again is all a complication more at this difficult time.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:04 AM

Smile

Thanks my friends!

In fact I like a lot this model. Brent and Bruno make a fantastic work.

Yes Sergio, the roof is severe damaged for rain and wind, the owner of my house request the propriety back for made a extensive repair in the house, but I found a new home and tomorrow I start the move again, but in same place and street.

And yes! Please end 2020!!!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
And yes! Please end 2020!!!
LOL,we are barely half way done.I agree,it's really interesting year and not in a good way.My friends in Poland and UK also agree and Canadians don't seem to care.

Lucky for us we have very affordable cool hobby we can do in isolation and Brent,Aaron,Bruno,Nobi and many more designers manage to keep us sane

Great DB-7 and D520.Both good models made even better with stunning colors.