PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-13-2020, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Cool F-14 repaint by Brent - Log 1

Hello everyone!

Giving an update on this topic after a while, I will start as a side project to post the F-14 build log of Scissors and Planes repainted by Brent. This log is a republication of what I am posting on the 1/100 Club on Facebook. The posting on this social network aims to demonstrate to a larger audience how to build a more complex 1/100 model and involves in addition to the demonstration itself material techniques and tools that I use, so we can expect a more detailed and explained construction of what I am used to demonstrate around here. I hope it is not tedious with friends, but who knows, maybe I can add some new or other?

The original build schedule for this thread is still maintained and work on the F-14 is not regular. So much so that in the next two weeks this project should not start, right away.

I start a log of assembly of the models that most Clubbers voted for in 1/100 Club on facebook, the first being the F-14 for Scissors and Planes. The example chosen is Brent's wonderful repaint in the colors of the iconic VF-111 "Sundowners" squadron in the high visibility scheme adopted by the US Navy between the mid-1950s and mid-1980s.
This model is available for purchase at Ecardmodels. My printing equipment is an Epson L120 Bulk Ink printer, and the paper used is 120gsm sulfite, it is almost twice as thick as ordinary printer paper but it has good malleability and few apparent fibers and is very compact. The software I use for printing is the Foxkit Reader (https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pt-br/pdf-reader/) which maintains the print size extremely strictly and the size control is easily adjustable. In general, I always print two sets of the model in case of errors or accidents. In the next entry of our log I will talk about the glues, tools and other materials that I will use in the construction of this model. This may take a while, but not too long ...

Model ready for print in Fox Kit Reader...

Setup of size print, adjust for A4 size, Fox Kit reader keep the exact size of document independent of paper size choose, the control of size is easy adjustable...

Setup of print quality in print spooler software, integrate on Fox Kit reader, in this case the print mode is high quality on normal plain paper...

Sulfite Paper is a 120gsm plain paper with compact fibers and intense white color, is a very cheap paper 50 sheets cost in Brazil around USD 1,20

Epson in action...

Sheets of F-14 ready for build, in general I print two sets for errors or accidents I have pieces to replace.

Until the next entrie on build log
Old 10-08-2020, 10:26 AM

Smile

Well friends!

After a long time without updating our collection, I bring some news, I had little time for modeling activity and focused on other "No Scissors and Planes" projects, especially on some betas from Murph's Models (it is in this way) plus a new version of Giant Moth.

This week I cut all the parts of the F-14 Tomcat repainted by Brent within the project already mentioned here on Facebook and in the package the repaint parts of the Ki-84 from Pacificwind were also cut.

Talking a little bit about the F-14 is an impressive model, both in engineering and texture. Again the Bruno / Brent duo do an impressive job.

Analyzing the model, we realized that the secret of a successful assembly is in the core of the aircraft composed of the central section of the fuselage that supports engines and the wings of variable geometry. I will not dare to make them functional, I hope together with other projects to start this model this weekend.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
What do I see! My Hayate repaint. I've been waiting for this one, Pericles. Hope you'll do a much better job with the build than I did.
Wishing you luck!
Old 10-09-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWind View Post
What do I see! My Hayate repaint. I've been waiting for this one, Pericles. Hope you'll do a much better job with the build than I did.
Wishing you luck!
I try make my best my friend
Old 10-11-2020, 10:44 PM

Smile

Well some updates on the construction of the F-14, repaint of Brent. After all the cut pieces, we studied the plane itself a lot with photographs and plans in scale and it is obvious that the construction must start with the central section of the fuselage that corresponds to the part that supports the central fuselage the engines, air intakes and the gloves that hide the variable geometry mechanism of the wings. This part needs to be formed carefully as it has a double curvature in the part that will fit with the cockpit.

We glued the part of the lower section of the fuselage and after the glued and dried area, I then installed the engines and the air intakes, always starting the glue with the inner flap, notice that there is a transition from a curved piece to almost straight angles between a piece and another, the internal parts of the air intakes were also installed ...

I finished this section of modeling with the gluing of the hoods as well as their internal parts, with this work the central section of the model is almost ready, missing only the sides ...

Although today is a holiday in Brazil (it is the country's patron saint day following the Catholic tradition) I don't know if I will take the model, as my intention is to assemble the Ki-84 already shown here in one day. We will see...
Old 10-12-2020, 03:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Very sharp, Sir.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Pericles looks great. Big breakthrough!
Old 10-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
nice work...well done.

YOAV
Old 10-13-2020, 11:17 PM

Smile

Many thanks my friends! I like a lot this project...
Old 10-13-2020, 11:29 PM

Cool Nakajima Ki-84 Finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWind View Post
By the way, I didn't want to say that, but I'm wondering when will you do one of my recolors. I'm especially waiting for the Ki-84(Leyte 1944) because mine was rather a failure. It's a very tricky model.
Well here is...

As I promised a few months ago, I finally built the Ki-84. I do not consider it a complicated model to be built although the joining of the halves of each wing requires a certain trickery. I built the model on the holiday of the patron saint of Brazil and in the original spirit of Bruno of "one model per day not worked", the only modifications were the pitot tube and the cannon pipes. This is a special model because the Kacper repaint is based on model # 0001 in the catalog. In the most I used my usual techniques, volumetric formers in the wings, I transformed the face of the engine into a former, the model would allow an interesting modification that was in my original plans that was to insert a cockpit in it (I have the old model from Modelcard to scan and donate the parts), but that will be for next time. Overall I liked the results ...

Few pics of building process...

Model finished...

Until the next update...