PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-21-2021, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am enjoying watching you build the V-156 Péricles. I'd like to try that one, but can't find it in Brent's section of ECards. Is it available somewhere?

Don
Old 11-21-2021, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Good looking Vindicator Pericles. I'm looking forward to seeing and making Garrys Midway recolor of it. Lucky for us there is a lot of reference drawings of this plane,not to mention pictures of a surviving one in Pensacola museum. What a beautiful restoration that is.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:20 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Yes indeed Per, as Karol said, your construction images are real guides for constructions. Very well done mate. Regards.
Old 11-21-2021, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I am enjoying watching you build the V-156 Péricles. I'd like to try that one, but can't find it in Brent's section of ECards. Is it available somewhere?
Don
Don, this is one of Brent's first repaints. I think it was available on the first Ecardmodels website, but I'm not sure. He gave me this model a few years ago and now I've finally built it. But I think if he reads it here, he will certainly make it available in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Good looking Vindicator Pericles. I'm looking forward to seeing and making Garrys Midway recolor of it. Lucky for us there is a lot of reference drawings of this plane,not to mention pictures of a surviving one in Pensacola museum. What a beautiful restoration that is.
Hello Karol. There are two of us, in fact despite being a little-manufactured plane, there really is a lot of documentation about it. Der Kampfflieger made the Vindicator years ago in several versions, this is still the best kit of this plane in digital format. But Bruno's model is quite competent, and Brent's work on textures breathes new life into the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
Yes indeed Per, as Karol said, your construction images are real guides for constructions. Very well done mate. Regards.
Thank you so much Tony, I wish I had more time to make this walkthrough more detailed, but the intention is always to help and inspire.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:09 PM

Smile Vought V156F Finished

The Vought V156F, export version of the SB2U Vindicator, onboard dive bomber. Designed in the mid-30s for a US Navy requirement, it was at the time of its introduction an extremely modern aircraft. After the attack on Pearl Harbor the US Navy Vindicators were used in combat by the Marine Corps at the Battle of Midway. Another operator using the Vindicator in combat was Aeronavale at the Battle of France, which used the V156F Export version equipped with French weaponry and equipment. Originally the V156 was supposed to be used on board the Aircraft Carrier Béarn but this warship was too slow and antique and left service at the entrance of France into World War II, which led Aeronavale to use it in two land-based squadrons in missions Ground attacks against the German and Italian invaders, with heavy casualties, but still sank an Italian submarine. The FAA also used the Vindicator from a batch of 50 V156F aircraft that with the fall of France were diverted to England, before being used for training and used in anti-submarine patrols off the English coast.

Brent's repaint is based on Bruno's second-generation Vindicator model with the number #370. The textures and color correction make the model stand out. As already informed, Brent adds, in addition to the painting, the landing gear. I made some refinements to the model, such as adding the radio antenna, Engine exhausts, an upgrade to the propeller hub, a pilot sight and replacing the original model air intake with a new, more accurate one.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Great build, Péricles. It's a rarely seen plane even in model form.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:26 PM

Thanks Carlos!
Old 11-21-2021, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
Great build, Péricles. It's a rarely seen plane even in model form.
I agree, and the first low wing dive bomber to enter service with the US Navy.
The Ju-87 entered service a year earlier.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Awsome.It looks really good.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work on this model, Péricles. I really enjoyed watching you put it together and learned a lot from your narrative and the images.

Don