PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-19-2018, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Nice work on those little paper parts Dan, it looks like you are having fun with this
Old 03-20-2018, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Glen. Just treating each little part as a model in itself seems to help things move along...

Here is the sequence for the arrester hook destined for the underside of the tails. I did lots of head-scratching but it came out neat in the end. There are like...16 parts to this thing (including the sandwiched hook). I am used to making a part like this with some wire and plastic rod in about 4 pieces and in 30 minutes for a plastic model. This sucker took me two days, but is was a very pleasant two days taken very deliberately. I am slowly...very slowly...getting a bit better at rolling these tubes. This part almost looks like it could be used "as is".

Not quite like Issac's, YOAV's or Ricardo's underwing ordnance, but pretty good for me. Now...on to the fuselage...likely starting with the cockpit. Hooray.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 03-20-2018, 11:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Dan....
i do not know why you say that, but it looks great, and I mean it.

And you do a great job on the model, also with the painting.

keep on the good work

YOAV
Old 03-21-2018, 04:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Agreed, it does look great.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
I am impressed. I've got to say you've got me beat hands down. For such intricate parts what glue do you use and how do you apply it?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I hate to say it but that tail hook almost looks...well...p1@$t|c...
Old 03-22-2018, 08:23 AM

Thanks, You Guys...

YOAV: I guess I know how to hold the part so you can's see all the miss matches and poor alignments! I am pleased with the part, though. It did turn out better than I thought when I started.

Elliot: That's funny! I want to take this thing to an IPMS event which is always fun to do. We'll see if THEY think it's P!@$+!(

Cheers,
Dan
Old 03-22-2018, 09:07 PM

I broke down and bought some really nice MG 15 cooling jackets for the rear gun. So much for paper... However, these jackets were made in Poland, so at least I'm keeping the faith...I only added a chamber charging lever and a strap across the top of the magazine based on pictures of the real thing.

Making the barrels was kind of like paper modeling too as each of the site components is attached to a tiny "block" that was flat and needed to be folded as well as a portion that needed to be formed around the jacket. So my new found skills were still useful.

I also found shots of the ring site being either at the rear or the tip of the barrel...I chose this way based on some Heinkel and Stuka pictures I found.

It needs some touch up, but it will look great after some painting and dry brushing. I hope you enjoy.

More soon,
Dan
Old 03-28-2018, 05:23 PM

All,

Started a bit of work on the cockpit. So far, just the basics and the instruments with clear plastic. I need to find some interior shots of this machine since I think more needs to be added. But nice start so far!

I'll try to finish some more tonight and maybe start painting and weathering it up...Thanks for looking!

Dan
Old 03-29-2018, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Dan, the arrestor hook and machine gun look simply wonderful and very realistic. Eh, I tend to agree with Elliott. It looks like made from the p-word. And that's a compliment!

How did you make the circular gun visor? Is this paper or did you buy this along with the gun barrel, and made of p.....c?

I'm working on the Ju-88's machine guns now and have decided to strictly adhere to the paper parts. The visors are therefore small white circles with printed details and by looking at your MG-15 I feel a bit embarrassed...

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense