PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Thanks Don, the A6M engine is 14 cylinders, this one 18 but I don't really notice the difference once I get an "assembly line" going for parts. This is where the model is presently on the engine, have only put in the forward push rod tubes, and some little things to add including valve head covers, but close for now and moving on to the itty bits of the cockpit yesterday and today. Here's the engine where it is and some pics last week as putting the parts on. For wire I used small paper clips, used pins in the past but look too thin for me on this one.
I'm not sure of the numbers I'm going to use, as my printer quit and I'm holding on the paint job until I get a replacement...can't complain about my printer it held up a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1842.jpg   N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1841.jpg   N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1865.jpg  
Old 03-11-2018, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks very good. I see the pen box doing double duty as an engine parts storage bin.

Don
Old 03-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
good start with the engine

YOAV
Old 03-12-2018, 12:12 PM

Hey Don good spot yes the boxes come in very handy. I made a new cool one for a Duofold set, although I don't actually have a set...have been able to pick up a couple Duofolds though, really lucky find one so I made a box for it...and one from Denmark made in Toronto with the rarest of things a flexible nib Senior duofold...pure luck. (is not a great example of the model but I am very happy to have it for my purposes)
Thank you Yoav and MichealS..the engine cleans up a bit with the addition of valve head covers
built the pilot seat yesterday...trying to get the detail parts done a bit so the build doesn't bog down too much later.
Attached Thumbnails
N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1873.jpg   N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1869.jpg  
Old 03-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Whoa...looking really nice, Glen! Lovely Kingfisher too...

Off topic...I wonder how many paper modelers there are in WA? I know of one in Federal Way (ha, ha...me) and you in Eastern WA. It would be cool to take an IPMS show by storm!

Your engine looks great. You make it look easy.

Keep it up as I'm taking notes!

Dan
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdr View Post
Whoa...looking really nice, Glen! Lovely Kingfisher too...

Off topic...I wonder how many paper modelers there are in WA? I know of one in Federal Way (ha, ha...me) and you in Eastern WA. It would be cool to take an IPMS show by storm!

Your engine looks great. You make it look easy.

Keep it up as I'm taking notes!

Dan
Thanks Dan I'm sure there are more cardmodelers around, there are a couple members of this forum I think in this area..it is easier the second or third time building this engine for sure getting some bugs worked out..and for some reason I like making them
Old 03-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Apologies for the hijack...
Well, a quick count off of the Papermodelers Map https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...C76.728516&z=4 yields 30 members, including you two I think, in Washington state. Now, how many are currently active papermodelers I don't know. Joshua Jaeseo is an active member in the Seattle area. Take a look. You might be surprised at who you find!
We now release you from this hijack and return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

btw, your work hasn't suffered from the wait between builds Glen. The engine looks terrific.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:20 PM

Thanks for the info Elliott, feel free to hijack anytime...
I'm working on some bits for the cockpit, the L side panel that stands on the cockpit floor is a complex piece, and I have to say I spent quite a bit of time on the little thing, the t-handles are a hardened piece of thread and glued into a t shape and painted.. I haven't had luck making this type of part with wire, but this worked ok.
Attached Thumbnails
N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1844.jpg   N1K2-J Shiden Kai, Halinski-img_1877.jpg  
Old 03-14-2018, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
Great amount of detail so far... I am enjoying this very much.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
great work on the seats

YOAV
Google Adsense