PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Thanks guys! Now I have to start to make up my mind soon. Make my own canopy or buy :-) I am leaning towards getting a ready one but I have to see if I can get material for the vacuum box in time.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:10 AM

Putting the last two segments together, was a little harder than expected. I think the next time I have to start on one end and the built to the other. I ran out of places to glue tabs together in a controlled fashion.

If you look closely you notice that the seams before and after the cockpit segments are a little fuzzy.

On the other side I also had this problem. Due to a former I was not able to close this gap. This should not happen when I go in one direction all the way.

In the instructions the build order is from back to front. My instinct would be to go from front to back but I think the last part would be more difficult to insert than popping the little pointy front part on. I guess Yoav knows what he's doing

I might do this whole section again but for now I tried to cover up the gap with some scrap pieces of texture I had from the first bad try. Should look good enough for visitors who don't know much about these planes

For the steering stick I decided to go for the "thick cardboard" option. Looks good enough for me and if I do it all again I can try another option then.

So for now this whole section looks like this and I am impressed by the size (esp when I hold it next to the main fuselage section!).

It's great to see these new challenges and how to tackle them. Learning a lot with this build!
Old 04-17-2018, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Something tells me that when this is done, the little bit of a problem is going to seem insignificant to the overall bird. The viewer will be looking at so many things that they won't notice. Frankly, if you hadn't said something, I wouldn't have noticed in the distance photos
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
The model begins to take shape ... well done.

with your permission, a little note.
I think that because it's a big model and your first experience with a model like this size ... you should try to stick more to the instructions and follow the order of building the parts as written in the instructions.
because 4 of my friends built it and there was no problem fitting parts in the nose section or the central body.

I very much hope that the gap between parts 4+5(at the top) will not cause you any problems in the future by adapting the canopy to the model.

In this model, I did a lot of instructions with a lot of pictures to explain as much as possible the building process.
So I do not think there should be any special problems.

If you have any questions and lack of clarity in the instructions, you may feel free to ask me, even in a private message.

keep on the good working

YOAV

Last edited by YOAVHOZMI; 04-17-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:18 PM

There is no lack of clarity in the instructions, Yoav :-) Just me being me.

I should publicly declare that all "problems" documented in this thread are of my own doing. I just post them in case someone also thinks he can do better than the master!

I am used to building a model multiple times so it is no big deal to me. I like to get to know a model and then perfect the building process.
Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2018, 12:28 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
It is looking good.

Your little fix is fine - that's something I do if have an issue - print the nearest part/texture on thin paper and then use a bit as a patch.

Useful if you damage something after the model is made up. You may need to make a plan like this if the canopy does not fit? At the rear of the canopy maybe.

-----------------------

Try your own canopy! If I could locate the plastic sheet cheap I would like to. The only sheet (A4) I can locate here costs about 14 Euro a sheet at the moment - ridiculous as I would need a couple maybe. The hunt continues!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
If something goes wrong or a stain is created on the paper that does not come off, I create a small panel, print it on thin paper and paste on the damaged part.
It comes out like a real airplane making temporary repairs.

YOAV

In the next picture you can see a patch with a glued panel.....marked with yellow tab.
When I took this model to the annual exhibition, it got a stain from someone who spoke near the model and a little rock flying on the wing.

When I returned home, I printed on the thin paper the same part of the wing with the same color, cut into a panel shape, and gently painted the edges of the panel with black paint and glued to the wing.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 PM

Quick update: Due to the nice weather I am unable to continue for a while. Waiting for a rainy period or the winter :-)

So, will be continued but not sure when!

Chris
Old 05-17-2018, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
As written per mail: Your canopies are ready to send Nice job so far!

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 05-18-2018, 12:25 AM

Looking forward to get them! :-)
Google Adsense