PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
I just don't know a lot of modellers can pump out so many builds in the short time that they do.
It's a matter of ability to concentrate for extended period of time and management of steps you take to complete construction.

Build one thing while something else is drying up.I found most of building constructions concentrate on tiny things way too much but then again I don't do complicated stuff so take with a grain of salt
Old 03-24-2018, 06:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
The biggest enemy of modeling is impatience and hurry to finish a work, I take all the time necessary even with a simple model, it does not matter if it takes a week or a month, after all this is fun and relaxation and a ground wire to get rid of everyday problems, at least for me. You are doing a great job, excellent quality have your models, greetings.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
It's a matter of ability to concentrate for extended period of time and management of steps you take to complete construction.

Build one thing while something else is drying up.I found most of building constructions concentrate on tiny things way too much but then again I don't do complicated stuff so take with a grain of salt
I wouldn't take any help or advice that someone has taken the time to give me with a grain of salt. Sound advice and always appreciated.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
The biggest enemy of modeling is impatience and hurry to finish a work, I take all the time necessary even with a simple model, it does not matter if it takes a week or a month, after all this is fun and relaxation and a ground wire to get rid of everyday problems, at least for me. You are doing a great job, excellent quality have your models, greetings.
I'm probably taking those 'model a day' type threads a bit too literally. Maybe in 10 years or so after the second nature effect has finally kicked in my output will probably improve, but for now what you're saying is so right.

I think another part of it is the 'so many models, so little time' syndrome.

Thanks for your help and encouraging compliments.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:14 PM

A little more done. Wing root fairings gave a little grief, but no reflection on the design. I don't think I rolled them enough before fitting. The way Stahl has done the exhaust flaps is quite neat and looks the part.
Back to the dungeon!
Attached Thumbnails
Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8029.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8030.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8032.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2018, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Looking good.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:55 PM

It looks very good, as I told you, enormous constructive quality you have. I follow your work attentively, a greeting
Old 03-25-2018, 07:24 PM

Thanks folks.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:19 PM

Getting there. Like all modellers, I'm a bit of a scavenger and continually on the lookout for anything that might come in in handy for using on models.
I'm not claiming to be the first to use pencil re-fill leads on a model, but I've not seen anyone else using them so I'll show ya.
The ones here are .07mm dia , but I know there .05 as well and maybe others.
As the photo shows, Christoph goes the two sided approach on the undercarriage legs. I was gonna put a length of paperclip between them, but decided trying to get paper to stick to metal might be a problem so went with the pencil refills. Besides, these are a heck of a lot easier to cut and trim to correct size anyway.
Made the first one ok (see pic) but then totally botched the other. I didn't really want to bother printing off another model, so I just used the bare refill. They're sort of a metallic colour anyway so doesn't look too bad.
By the way these refills also make nifty gun barrels- see other photos. .07 is more like a cannon barrel on 1/100 scale, but .05 looks just the part. Plus no need to paint, and by a stroke of luck, the cut end is darkish in colour so they sorta look hollow.
Should finish this little blighter today.
Attached Thumbnails
Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8034.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8035.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8036.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8037.jpg   Next project- Stahlhart La-7-img_8038.jpg  

Old 03-26-2018, 04:44 PM

Excellent, very good idea, is perfect, I think I'll copy the system haha.A greeting
Google Adsense