PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Thanks Kevin. All I was trying to do was let people know about a nice gift from a nice guy. Had no idea it would create a sh!t storm.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 04-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Michael - I don't really think it created a storm.

I think people not on Facebook were just venting their frustration a bit at not being able to access the file?

--------------------------------

One option for people who ONLY want to access Facebook to download, but otherwise don't want Facebook, is to create an account, but do not then populate it (other than the compulsory fields) or post with it. Spend an evening shutting all the options down on Facebook (browse the net on tips on how to do this as some options are not too clear or evident).

'Then you will just have a "skeleton" - never use it except for downloading - do not link it, post on it or use it for anything else. That will keep associations with it to a minimum. And don't be tempted to sign into other things using your Facebook credentials as an option!

---------------------------

Back to topic - a nice tip off Michael - that is a nice little model - though I do not fancy trying to get the rigging right!

Last edited by Kevin WS; 04-06-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I spend too much time online as it is with this forum and others. If I facebook when I have time for models?
Old 04-06-2018, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
I will allow me to post here some postings since I am directly quoted in this topic.

First, thank Michael for the good intention of posting on the 1/100 club and about Nobi's generosity in providing a beautiful model on this scale that you are becoming so popular with papermodelers and that I had the honor of being one of the first to explore -over there.

Friends, when I made the club on facebook, the intention was to join all modellers who liked micro-scales (1/100, 1/200, 1/72, 1/144, 1/300) is not a competition space with any other forum or community. So much post many of the excellent works that appear here in the forum there with the link of the thread always quoting the authors.

The intention was just to alert, I think Nobi should also post this free template here in the Downloads area.

As for being user or not facebook frankly personal choice of each, I think the plurality of the Internet allows each person to have insight into where spaces are comfortable or not, have back model to say is not a condition to enter the Club 1/100 so much I'll suggest that Nobi upload it here.

I just think there is a bit of naivety in finding that being free of facebook your privacy will be preserved, the mobile phones are there to prove otherwise, even more in the USA and Europe where services and networks are of the highest quality.

But as I said personal choice.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Too right! I joined this forum and now EVERYONE here knows I build paper models. Nosey blighters you all are....
Old 04-06-2018, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
I'm not anti-technology or specifically anti-Fb, but personal events drove me to realize that after 10 years of being on there I am now better off for not being there. No hate for those that choose to be there for me.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
I upload a Fokker E.III in Facebook group to be a privilege for member there. But I will recolor that Fokker E.III to another scheme and put into a download section here to be a privilege for member here too. :-)

I will upload to download section tonight. (my local time) But be careful WW.I bird in 1/100 scale is use more skill to assemble because of its size, it can stress your eye.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Thanks Nobi. Nice gesture.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:17 PM

.....and thank you Michael for letting us know about this model in the first place mate.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Very kind of you Nobi. Thank you.
Google Adsense