PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-11-2018, 05:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48

Ahoy Paper Wrights

Here is another build I will be starting along with the Skyhawk build thread. This kit is a free download on this here forum for free. Much Respect for Mr. Gary Pillworth for designing these models for us to enjoy. I built three of his designs they go together very well and no fit issues I love this English utility plane it reminds me of the Oxford although to it will be a fast build so stay posted for this build I should have some build pictures in a few.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2096.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2097.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2098.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2099.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2100.jpg  

Old 04-11-2018, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Nice choice! The RAAF version is of course special interest to me. Will you building in Gary's designed 1/48?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
..it reminds me of the Oxford
The Oxford was developed from the Envoy.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 PM

Fuselage Assembly

Ahoy model Wrights

Here is the first update on the Envoy a truly great kit to build no fit issues goes right together very well like all of Garys Designs. This will make the fourth build from Gary and I will try and do this kit justice great to be back on paper again. Here are the pictures.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2101.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2102.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2103.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2104.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2105.jpg  

Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2106.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2107.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2108.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2109.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2110.jpg  

Old 04-12-2018, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks good so far, Boats!

Thanks for the step-by-step images.

Don
Old 04-12-2018, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
Never heard of this plane before... I will enjoy this build thread that much more because of that.
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
Never heard of this plane before... I will enjoy this build thread that much more because of that.
Ahoy Falco
thank you for your view and cooment I never built one of these either thus far it goes together very well all of Gary Pillsworth designs go together very well without fuss and hair pulling, This makes the fourth build of his work they all came out very well so far I am the only one who is building his designs and posting them here I am quite certain there are others but they keep them to there selves and don't post them here for us to enjoy. thanks Buddy

boats
Old 04-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
I was the same way when I first joined... but I figured out that I will not get better if I don't share and let people critic my work. Believe me I have learned a lot here and not only from pros like yourself but beginners as well. There is something very satisfying about helping and getting help with build challenges.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
I was the same way when I first joined... but I figured out that I will not get better if I don't share and let people critic my work. Believe me I have learned a lot here and not only from pros like yourself but beginners as well. There is something very satisfying about helping and getting help with build challenges.

Ahoy Falco
Everything in life there is a learning curve my late father told me when I was young you learn something everyday the day you stop learning is the day you stop living. Card modeling as you know is far different then plastic wood or anything else that might be out there. This delightful forum will help you get started we all are different here like the rest of the world we all have different ways in may task work for us now get started building some card models.

boats
Old 04-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
T'is good to see one of my designs being built, lookin' great so far
Old 04-12-2018, 08:40 PM

Fuselage assembly

Ahoy Paper wrights

another update on the old Envoy thus far having a ball on this one. Kit goes together very well tip The connector strips that are on the fuselage and wings and such for better appearance remove those and glue your own in the inside of fuselage and wings this way you wont see a lip where the parts were glued. I downloaded the Anson to on that build I will add my own connector strips The canopy was formed and glued down to the fuselage. once glued down set aside to dry and burnish later.

Tomorrow I should have the entire fuselage unit completed plus tail feathers. Lastly I formed and glued the nose button I burnished it so that the seam lines almost vanished Here are the pictures for today more tomorrow stay posted.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2123.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2124.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2125.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2126.jpg   Gary Pillsworth AIRSPEED ENVOY 1/48-sam_2127.jpg