PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-19-2018, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another outstanding model, Michael.

Perhaps Nobi has authoritative info on the aircraft. Internet sources so far are confusing, with 2315 identified as being with the 1st Fighter Bomber Wing, the 2nd Fighter Bomber Wing, and 23 Squadron, 2 FBW. The bull is depicted as red, brown, or khaki, and the tail stripes are depicted as yellow-black (as your model), white on dark blue, or multicolored.

You can see video of 2315 in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmStdVobdBE (2313 appears at 4:23; 2315 at 4:39). In the video, the stripes appear to be white on dark blue.

This discussion further confuses the issue, but has a reasonably good color photograph (not painting) of 2315: F8F Bearcat - LSP Discussion - LSP Forums

I am currently jumping through my watchband getting my on-line elective on Pacific War Strategy ready to go hot tomorrow and packing up for the trip to Fairfax, Virginia, to display paper models with Peter Ansoff, Anne McCombs, Thomas Clay, and Lil tomorrow, so no more time for research on this topic. But looking forward to someone with greater knowledge than I to weigh in.

Per Ardua Ad Astra, Semper Paratus, and Keep Up The Fire!

Don
Old 04-19-2018, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Thanks Don. As always you have done a great job of "filling in the cracks" to make my builds more real. Have a great time at the Va. display.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 04-19-2018, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Another winner young fella! I think your u/c mods nailed it and I'll certainly be doing the same on my builds of all the versions Nobi has kindly given us.
Any idea what your next project will be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
... But looking forward to someone with greater knowledge than I to weigh in.
Don, I'm becoming more convinced each day there is NO-ONE with greater knowledge on the subjects in this forum than you!!

Kind regards, Garry G.