PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
"I'm offended" is one of those PC fascist mind control tricks - best response is "I'm glad I was successful - might force you to think" or the best yet although it takes a bit of judgement (can you beat them over the first 50 metres)...

"Offended - thank goodness - I had thought from your expression you'd suffered an unfortunate bowel motion in your underwear - I was bracing myself for the smell to arrive"

Charlie

It got there already? Actually it was my feet, I think. Trainer breath.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Most of us have made a mistake or two here. You are in good company.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Infallibility would be such a bore...
Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Infallibility would be such a bore...
My perfection as a human being is only exceeded by my modesty.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
mike 1158 as the song goes only human after all
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Believe it or not someone on here PM'd me and told me I hadn't been on this forum long enough to "banter" with him. Guess what!? I really don't give a F***! I am 69 year old a a VIetnam veteran with 3 purple hearts fer Christ's sake!! I think I have earned the right to say anything to anybody at anytime. AND I damm sure will!

Needless to say he is dead to me now...

MS

(Also Warlord Three Zero)
Attached Thumbnails
A humble apology.-screenshot_20180509-114401_chrome-beta.jpg  
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I am not sure where the turn was made towards being offended, but it might have been around Albuquerque.

Please keep personal or private conversations off the main forum, it will solve nothing, and only serves to sow discontent in the forum, and we have had enough of that over the last 11 years, we do not need any more.

If there are issues with other members, be the grown ups we are, and deal with it, in any way, shape or form you see fit, but do so in private.
If it becomes public, I will step in and act accordingly.

There was no offense on Mike' part, no harm no foul, I just wanted to clear any potential confusion.

So lets get back to cutting paper, sharing the hobby, and having a good time
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-22-2018, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.27 GB
Good grief;

I got a laugh out of one of my younger work associates the other day when I said something was "groovy".

I was just having one of those Jimi Hendrix, & James Gang music going through my head kind of days. What else could I have said?

On the other hand "cool" still seems to be understood by most everyone. It does make me ponder some of the more short lived slang words, like "neat", "neato", "keen" and reaching way back "swell".

I am also surprised that "wicked" keeps coming back with it's vile little brother "sick".
Oh well, so long as we are kind & listen carefully, I think we will survive and maybe understand the more unusual linguistic changes.

As for unintended slurs the key word here is unintended.

Don't call me Bro, dude!

Ha ha ha

Formerly Styrene
aka
David
Old 06-22-2018, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Because we are such a disparate community our level of understanding of sarcasm and humor are different. This is unfortunate. But if can also be a learning experience for all of us. I for one have cut back on my use of slang misspellings to make a point. To me some of the impact is lost but I do it as a consideration for all the great friends I have all around the world who do not have English as their primary language. If I use an expression that needs further definition I add a PS with a link.

In my opinion humor must be a little over the top to be humor. If I am wrong I am very willing to be corrected. Tongue in cheek sarcasm falls under the same heading in my book.

For example some people may get upset at references to certain regional areas. In my experience the people that make the most fun of their region are the people that live there!

Another example is people making fun of certain ethnic or national groups. Once again in my experience the people in these groups are the ones that make the most and the best jokes about themselves! I am a corn fed Iowa farm boy and I make fun of myself and others like me all the time. I don't do this on this forum because most people don't know any Iowa corn fed farm boys.

This forum and paper modeling has been one of the very most enjoyable experiences of my life. If I have offended anyone please be assured that it certainly was not intentional (see one of the previous posts). I will continue to display my brand of humor and sarcasm. As I have said before I am an old guy and really tired of PC BS (Politically Correct Bull Shirts). I was a Vietnam veteran who lived through the 80-'s and 90' and the disparagement of me and my brothers.

I will also continue my commentaries on the futility of all wars. I cannot see how anyone can disagree with my stance on that. Yes some of these wars may have been ""necessary" but the necessity was brought about by people not learning from the past. We here do not glorify wars we simply honor the poor folks who had to fight them.

I was away from my family and homeland for just one year. Many of my older relatives were away from their families for years. Some did not return. Some suffered for years from things such as gas attacks and died an early death. My friend Thumb Dog covered that part of our history very well in his thread. If you haven't read it you should. The point of all this is that we MUST continue to build these little masterpieces and we MUST continue to communicate amongst each other. We all are voters in our own lands. We must all do our part to make this world a better place for the paper modelers who will come behind us.

If we get offended we must shake it off and just grab our scissors...

MS
(also Warlord Three Zero)
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-22-2018, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Well said, Michael!

Google Adsense
Closed Thread