PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a real beauty, Ted I love those WWII Italian aircraft, and I look forward to learning more about making landing gear for Bruno's aircraft.

I hope you won't mind if I point out that this particular aircraft was assigned to the 363º Squadriglia di Caccia Terrestre [Land-based Fighter Squadron], 150º Gruppo [Group] CT, 53º Stormo [Wing] CT based at Benghazi, Libya, in July 1942.

Most of the sources I have checked say that the 150º Gruppo was part of the 53º Stormo, but the order of battle for February 1942 in Christopher Shores and Giovanni Massimello, A History of the Mediterranean Air War, 1940-1945: Volume 2: North African Desert, February 1942 - March 1943, London: Grub Street, 2016, identifies the 150º as a Gruppo Autonomo [Separate Air Group]. I am out of my depth here, but it may be that the 150º Gruppo was later subordinated to the 53º Stormo. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the Reggia Aeronautica than I can help out.

Regardless, it's another terrific model, Ted! So much to learn from you.

Don
Old 07-19-2018, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
ER? Which technique? the color balance from Texman, or the plan to teach the Aussie how to make landing gear? Surely not the ground breaking technique of rigging wires that is so obvious that if it were a snake it would've bit me? Oh by the way my request is sitting in a dusty cabinet in a dark basement of a seldom used office of the office of redundancy, stamped lost found then crumpled then restored!
How 'bout that! We have an office in the very same building!
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-19-2018, 12:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
It's a real beauty, Ted I love those WWII Italian aircraft, and I look forward to learning more about making landing gear for Bruno's aircraft.

I hope you won't mind if I point out that this particular aircraft was assigned to the 363º Squadriglia di Caccia Terrestre [Land-based Fighter Squadron], 150º Gruppo [Group] CT, 53º Stormo [Wing] CT based at Benghazi, Libya, in July 1942.

Most of the sources I have checked say that the 150º Gruppo was part of the 53º Stormo, but the order of battle for February 1942 in Christopher Shores and Giovanni Massimello, A History of the Mediterranean Air War, 1940-1945: Volume 2: North African Desert, February 1942 - March 1943, London: Grub Street, 2016, identifies the 150º as a Gruppo Autonomo [Separate Air Group]. I am out of my depth here, but it may be that the 150º Gruppo was later subordinated to the 53º Stormo. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the Reggia Aeronautica than I can help out.

Regardless, it's another terrific model, Ted! So much to learn from you.

Don
DB,

Just where do you come up with this stuff!?
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-19-2018, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
DB,

Just where do you come up with this stuff!?
He's got a huge imagination... er... library