PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-02-2018, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Canon 777-300ER Lord of the Rings

Long time ago I repainter airplanes for Flight Simulator
If you want, you can go to Historic Jetliners Group and see some of my late works (for example, look for Alejandro Hurtado here HJG Douglas DC-9-30)
Looking for a paper model airliner to do, I stopped by the Canon models and remembered that Air New Zealand decorated some of its planes conmemorating the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies.
I'm sendind an email to them to ask about publishing my repaint based in their model but with my texture, let's see what happens.
Meanwhile, here you can see the real plane Boeing 777-319/ER - Air New Zealand | Aviation Photo #2504307 | Airliners.net
and the start of my repaint
Attached Thumbnails
Canon 777-300ER Lord of the Rings-777-300-cnt-0011813-01-page-002.jpg   Canon 777-300ER Lord of the Rings-777-300-cnt-0011813-01-page-006.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-02-2018, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Long time ago I repainter airplanes for Flight Simulator
If you want, you can go to Historic Jetliners Group and see some of my late works (for example, look for Alejandro Hurtado here HJG Douglas DC-9-30)
Looking for a paper model airliner to do, I stopped by the Canon models and remembered that Air New Zealand decorated some of its planes conmemorating the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies.
I'm sendind an email to them to ask about publishing my repaint based in their model but with my texture, let's see what happens.
Meanwhile, here you can see the real plane Boeing 777-319/ER - Air New Zealand | Aviation Photo #2504307 | Airliners.net
and the start of my repaint
wiil be nice to see these at large scale.they had a couple of different schemes .i think s&p might have done them at small scale at some time
Old 08-02-2018, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 104.06 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
i think s&p might have done them at small scale at some time
yep, it's on Bruno's downloads

"The best landings are the ones you cannot walk away from" - David Windestål
Old 08-02-2018, 08:01 PM

The model seems to be at 1/100 scale, with 16 pages. If so, it will be 74 cm long by 65 cm width. I'll print a test model at undetermined scale, and later, a final one at 1/72 or 1/144, depending if I can find a place in my house to store it. At 1/72 it will be 102.58 cm long!!!!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
I believe the model is in 1:120. Good luck on the repaint!
Google Adsense
Old 08-02-2018, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
The model seems to be at 1/100 scale, with 16 pages. If so, it will be 74 cm long by 65 cm width. I'll print a test model at undetermined scale, and later, a final one at 1/72 or 1/144, depending if I can find a place in my house to store it. At 1/72 it will be 102.58 cm long!!!!
would love to build this at either scale
Old 08-03-2018, 11:46 AM

I received the answer from canon. It`s like this:

Gracias por escribir. Le valoramos a usted como cliente de Canon y apreciamos la oportunidad de asistirle con su solicitud.
Con respecto a su consulta, no es posible realizar ningún tipo de publicación en ninguno de nuestros sitios, debido al tema de los derechos reservados.
Esperamos que la información brindada le sea de ayuda. Por favor, permítanos saber si hay algo más en lo que podamos asistirle con su consulta.
Gracias por preferir Canon.
Atentamente,
**Agent First Name**
Agente de Soporte Técnico

> ----- Original Message -----
> User Question : Buenas tardes, estaba viendo el modelo de papel del avion 777-300ER que ustedes tienen en su sitio anexo, y me preguntaba si puedo publicar en algún sitio una versión del mismo en los colores de otra línea aérea. O publicarlo con ustedes, como prefieran

Translating: the question was if I can publish my repaint in their site or in another one. The answer from **Agent First Name** was that I can't publish in THEIR site due to copyright.

Ok, doesn't mather, I'll do the repaint for myself and my friends. No pubishing. Their lost.
Anyway, from 16 pages of the model just 9 remain to repaint.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Too bad for Canon. I do hope that we here are considered your friends Alejandro as we would love to see your repaint.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 104.06 MB
Quote:
I received the answer from canon. It`s like this:

Gracias por escribir. Le valoramos a usted como cliente de Canon y apreciamos la oportunidad de asistirle con su solicitud.
Con respecto a su consulta, no es posible realizar ningún tipo de publicación en ninguno de nuestros sitios, debido al tema de los derechos reservados.
Esperamos que la información brindada le sea de ayuda. Por favor, permítanos saber si hay algo más en lo que podamos asistirle con su consulta.
Gracias por preferir Canon.
Atentamente,
**Agent First Name**
Agente de Soporte Técnico

> ----- Original Message -----
> User Question : Buenas tardes, estaba viendo el modelo de papel del avion 777-300ER que ustedes tienen en su sitio anexo, y me preguntaba si puedo publicar en algún sitio una versión del mismo en los colores de otra línea aérea. O publicarlo con ustedes, como prefieran

Translating: the question was if I can publish my repaint in their site or in another one. The answer from **Agent First Name** was that I can't publish in THEIR site due to copyright.

Ok, doesn't mather, I'll do the repaint for myself and my friends. No pubishing. Their lost.
Anyway, from 16 pages of the model just 9 remain to repaint.

I'm pretty sure it is originally a p.model model. Ask the owner of that site (i forgot their name)

"The best landings are the ones you cannot walk away from" - David Windestål
Old 08-06-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaleem View Post
I'm pretty sure it is originally a p.model model. Ask the owner of that site (i forgot their name)
I'll like it! How I can find the site or the owner?

1/120 scale? well, then it will be easy to do at 1/144. First one will be a test of the textures and of the finished size, then I'll take the decision of my final scale.

Anybody that would like a copy of the model just emailme when finished.
Google Adsense