PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-13-2018, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Unhappy Get 'em while you can!

Sad to me to see Aaron Murphy's post over on his design thread about possibly getting out. I really enjoy Murphy's, Nobi's & Roman Vasilvev's work. Nobi is struggling as well because of all the government problems in Thailand. Roman has turned to 3D modeling and appears to find that a good business.

I suppose this shouldn't be posted here but many members only check this forum.
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
I pretty much purchased all f Murph's models since I discovered him... I will strive to purchase everything before his website goes down. It's a shame... I feel a paper modeling recession is coming. This news saddens me greatly.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
wow this is some sad news. Nobi and Roman have been my steady source of many kits some built and a huge stash of to be built at a later time. I have quite a few of Aarons kits as well. I guess their already designed kits will still be available, somewhere?
Old 09-13-2018, 03:04 PM

I would assume that they will be available on ecards at some point but I am DEFINITELY NOT going into that discussion again.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 09-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
I wish I was a multi-billionare. I would gladly set these guys up for life in gratitude for what they've given us.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
It should be noted that all three of the designers first mentioned above are also available on Dr. Zarkov's site.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
I read this post and the corresponding posts on Murph's design thread.
I cannot accept that Aaron throws in the towel. And being mentioned by name (alias) I feel responsible.
Please support his, and others work (even before considering my cheap imitations).
It was never my intention to harm any other designer, therefore I have to much respect for them.
My sincere apologies.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
It should be noted that all three of the designers first mentioned above are also available on Dr. Zarkov's site.
Do you have a link? Many here are not on FB.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 09-14-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
I read this post and the corresponding posts on Murph's design thread.
I cannot accept that Aaron throws in the towel. And being mentioned by name (alias) I feel responsible.
Please support his, and others work (even before considering my cheap imitations).
It was never my intention to harm any other designer, therefore I have to much respect for them.
My sincere apologies.
To me much of the problem is that paper models are too inexpensive. In this country there is a marketing term "perceived value". This means that items that are sold to cheaply are seen to have less value than the same item that is a bit more expense. Think Lexus vs Toyota

There is also the problem of income disparity and differing cost of living around the world. A $1.00 in the US is very inexpensive. In places such as Thailand not so much. Aaron is stuck making inexpensive kits in a country with a high cost of living.

Your kits appeal to many because they are quick to build with a good result. Many here build 1/33 kits here that take months and are works of art. Those kits cost more but few are bought.

I have only been around this hobby for 10 months and the economics of it just amaze me. In the plastic modeling world kits routinely sell for $100! Don't even get me started on the world of R/C!

This forum is a great community. Hopefully we can "help a brother out"...
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 09-14-2018, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
The Airfix 1:24 have actually gone down since I got my last some time ago, the Typhoon is £118 rather than the £140 for the Mosquito. Paper still seems to be quite a niche in modeling. There is a site where p models are cut up for spares boxes etc and these are by no means cheap when that is the fate. For myself, I am not able to make anything right now due to some health problems but I value the paper models I have very highly. Dave, I owe you for getting me here in the first place and a build photo series. I will find a way. Since I first visited this place I have been treated to many fantastic builds and much experience from a bunch of great people. I did speakl to several outlets here on marketing and selling paper kits from commercial suppliers around the world citing the cost versus plastic but they are basically unable to see the logic which is sad.
Google Adsense