PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Canberra, Super Etendard, Skyhawk. Test construction.

Greetings. These models I made to see a couple of things that had me intrigued for a few months. They are S & P designs, in 1/200 and 1 / 300. Since I am here I have seen incredible things, in all types of scales and categories, wonderful constructions of all kinds. Planes and armored vehicles are my priorities.
Point 1: first doubt, it is possible to build something below 1/100 or everything is a fraud masterfully organized with all kinds of photographic gadgets? Doubt clarified: no trick, it is possible, and even some clumsy hands like mine could , skillful people would do it without difficulty.
Point 2: here is what worries. Although in this forum you learn and one improves the quality of their constructions remarkably, the price to pay is very high. Physical, mental health and the wallet irremediably deteriorate. And quickly.
Trying to advance the minutes pass, a while, another time and so it is 2 o'clock in the morning and we continue cutting papelitos.Se resorts to various types of brews to keep eyes open, etc.As the physical is dwindling.
Now the mental health. This forum gets people with a high degree of sanity and strong mental control (I, of course) have lapses where their sanity decreases momentarily. Thanks to the strong mental control, we managed to recover. Some do not achieve it. brief lapses these people with high degree of sanity, which are those of 1 / 50,1 / 72, (example, I, of course) try some 1/100, scale in which the mental deterioration is worrying. And if in those moments where control is lost we go below 1/100 it's time to look for some psychiatric institution.
If you think that this is the result of chance are wrong, there are responsible, not give names, but everyone in the aviation section (the most committed to this evil) we know who they are and have a network of henchmen (called recoloradores) everywhere of the planet. Clarified my doubts, confirming others, it only remains to say: How wonderful it is to be crazy for the paper! Greetings boys.
Attached Thumbnails
Canberra, Super Etendard, Skyhawk. Test construction.-20181110_121240.jpg   Canberra, Super Etendard, Skyhawk. Test construction.-20181110_121249.jpg   Canberra, Super Etendard, Skyhawk. Test construction.-20181110_121317.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2018, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Se ven estupendos / they look very nice.

In my book, the smaller the model, the more care and time it takes.
In the sanity arena, for any one who grow using meters and centimeters, 1/100 is the ideal scale. No weird conversions needed.

Congratulations!

ps: There may be some Mirages / Daggers some where there. Did Carlos recolored some?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Hey! Nice series of argentine planes from the Malvinas/Falklands war! (we call them Malouines in french). Bruno also did the Sea Harrier FRS.1 and Harrier GR.3 in 1:300. MichiK did a repaint of the Sea Harrier in the scheme used during the war.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
ps: There may be some Mirages / Daggers some where there. Did Carlos recolored some?
Yes I did many argentine Deltas that can be found in the download section. Here are the ones from the Falklands War. Plus Ramiro Quinteros did recolors of the retirement schemes and a few others.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Thank you Carlos. Because it is the first attempt at something so small I am more than satisfied. What Bruno does is impressive, but everything about you, you have to have 7 lives to build everything. You are great. Enjoy a lot, there will be more each so much.
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Hi Vinalssergio,

Welcome to the century club of crazy people cutting and gluing together tiny pieces of paper for fun
Old 11-10-2018, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Neat little models Sergio. Always remember: paper modelling can make you crazy but it's also the best the best therapy.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:47 PM

Bruno, Garry, thank you very much. This was to test if I could manipulate something so small, and achieve something acceptable. The Canberra is like a 1/100, there is no difference. The A4-Q is better, with some more I will achieve better results. The most difficult thing was the cone of the nose, extremely small, and the canopy. Garry, you're absolutely right, this is the best therapy that exists. At least for me, if it were not for this hobby, my nights would be a hell.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Welcome friend to our world! I was so tired of over-engineering models (imagine a 300 plus pieces Me-109) so when I encounter Bruno´s planes my mood of building changes since then. Apart there are the recolors and the test builds, sometimes even build the same recolor for 6 times. But nothing else compares for the joy of making a recolor complete. Besides you need less space to store your models.Regards,Tony.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Nice work on those little planes Sergio.

Personally, I like my models big, the larger scale gives me more room to add extra details but I have the utmost respect for the 1/100 and smaller builders. People often see my models and say they wouldn't have the patience to do that... I think the same about building stuff at 1/100 or smaller. The only thing I have built in smaller scales, and would build again, are ships.

Having said that, after the Scud (1/25), after the project I have planned next (another 1/25), I am considering slightly downsizing to 1/35 or 1/33 because there are a lot of aftermarket accessories available in those scales such as figures etc and I'd like to start working on a few dioramas.

In the meantime I will watch from the sidelines as you guys do your crazy little planes and I'll continue to be jealous of the fact that you'll probably not run out of room to display your models like I am.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense