PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Hi Draco,
Just checked my own list.
I have the Cessna 208 Caravan, 180 Skywagon and 337 Skymaster (in military version without LG), the Piper P28 Cherokee (free in my thread, somewhere ) and the DHC-1 chipmunk and DH-2 Beaver. And some more older planes like the Waco E.
These little planes are indeed very rarely designed in paper.
B
Wonderfull! I'll make a search for them!
Old 07-27-2020, 09:19 AM

I had forgotten this thread!
Since the last entry I have made another civilian plane.
Here I found some more examples that someday I wish to assemble https://www.modellbauseite.at/forum/...chte/downloads
And I'm happy that this category is growing
Attached Thumbnails
Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-cessna-152-14-.jpg  
Old 01-22-2022, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Civil aircraft models

I really like what he did to build Fiddlersgreen's Bonanza!

When Draco started this thread, Design Group Alpha models were unavailable, and we had much work to do to even start listing them again on Ecardmodels.

DGA members share the philosophy that we are doing this to create models that we, ourselves, like and want to build. We are not in this to increase sales, or compete with other designers. If others are interested in building our models we are happy for that.

As of December 2020, we started listing our models once more on Ecardmodels.

We have many civil airplane models all in 1:48 scale including: Fleet Canucks; Globe Swifts; Max Holste Brousards; Piper Pa-12 Super Cruisers; DeHavilland Canada Beavers; DeHavilland Canada Otters; Sportavia powered sailplanes; and Piper Cubs in many post war liveries.

We still have a lot of work to do to reintroduce more of our models including the Piper Cherokees, and to finally publish our Turbo Beavers.

Presently we are working on developing a model of a Cessna 185:

Last edited by -Jim G; 01-22-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:15 PM

I just had an idea.
Maybe some owner would ask you to make a repaint of his/her plane and you'll make it?
So far I haven't made privately owned planes, but it falls inside your field.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Finally, modellers are aware of the importance of private aircraft. The Cessna 180/185 has been forgotten despite the fact that it is one of the most popular private aircraft although being out of production. Gary Pilsworth has offered here in "downloads" some civil airplanes such as the Skymaster (first version with fixed landing gear) The Piper Tri-Pacer, Comanche and Apache. We all hope more designers will be encouraged to tackle these type of aircraft.
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2022, 08:14 AM

When will the Cessna 180 be available? I have been looking for this aircraft for several years.

Presently we are working on developing a model of a Cessna 185:
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2022, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I love it! Thank you for bringing yet another classic Cessna into being. It looks great too. The floats are a nice touch.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
When will the Cessna 180 be available? I have been looking for this aircraft for several years.
The Cessna 185 will probably start being available sometime during the Summer. There is still quite a bit of work to do, but the shape of the pieces is being finalized. Keeping with Design Group Alpha tradition, I hope it ends up with a lot of different liveries.

A follow-on model for the Cessna 180 is also being planned.

We are planning to have regular wheel landing gear, in addition to the floats. The floats modeled in the prototype picture are Wipaire 3000s. We will probably also have EDO floats, and likely have options for the floats to be amphibians.

I am laying out the design for Wheel skis and Tundra Tires.

I still need to complete the instructions for the DHC-2T Turbo Beaver, and release models. This will happen before the C-185.

Old 01-23-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jim G View Post
The Cessna 185 will probably start being available sometime during the Summer. There is still quite a bit of work to do, but the shape of the pieces is being finalized. Keeping with Design Group Alpha tradition, I hope it ends up with a lot of different liveries.

A follow-on model for the Cessna 180 is also being planned.

We are planning to have regular wheel landing gear, in addition to the floats. The floats modeled in the prototype picture are Wipaire 3000s. We will probably also have EDO floats, and likely have options for the floats to be amphibians.

I am laying out the design for Wheel skis and Tundra Tires.

I still need to complete the instructions for the DHC-2T Turbo Beaver, and release models. This will happen before the C-185.

You are doing exactly the same as the famous Monogram Models Inc. did way back in 1956. They issued a beautiful plastic Cessna 180 with floats and a beautiful girl in bathing suit. Then they launched the land version, with wheels only, in 1967. Both models are museum pieces.

The Cessna 180 float version was complemented in 1957 with another museum piece: The Piper Tri-Pacer.