PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-26-2018, 12:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I've found that despite all the vocal demand for civilian models, they don't sell all that well.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 669.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
You can also order direct from Bruno via PayPal. PM him at "scissorsandplanes" for his latest list and the email address to use.

These are the Waco aircraft listed on the latest list I have (May 2018):

1618. Waco E red-white
1619. Waco E green-green
1620. Waco E yellow-black
1621. Waco UC-72

Don
I really like my yellow/black Waco. The fuselage design geometry is brilliant.
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-6a1bd938-0829-4fb8-b6bb-a0b88c2f7bd9.jpg   Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-ffcf65cc-081d-4160-8c5b-2f371e5f9119.jpg  
Old 10-29-2018, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I've found that despite all the vocal demand for civilian models, they don't sell all that well.
Yes, I'm sure about that. I come from the plastic model world. From 164 airplanes, I've assembled just 6 civilians. I'm just saying that both worlds have differences. Paper models, for example, make WWI models more flashier because they come already painted. But a Blackburn Buccanner or a B-1 Lancer will be a nightmare because the curves.
This diferences make that some straigth easy models like Citations, Lears, Falcons, Malibus and others will be easy to design and build. There will be less monetary return but less development work. And with some planning, the "fuselage" parts will be apart, making the release of new paint versions more easy.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
It has happened also to plastic models. Monogram, for example, only made two civilian aircraft: The Piper Tri-Pacer and the Cessna 180. This last one in two versions, the float plane and land plane. Both are gems like all Monogram models but although they were both released in 1957, apparently they didn't sell as expected because no more civil models were made by this firm. But Monogram did continuously re-released them with new boxes. However, check on Ebay. When they appear they are not exactly cheap!! Minicraft Models also has some beautiful private planes and apparently they are selling well because they have being continuously made for several years. The late Comet Model Hobby craft also released beautiful private planes like the Piper Apache, Cessna 310 and others unfortunately, with no landing gear but very accurate. Aurora Plastics purchased the moulds from Comet and apparently they sold well because this concern made other private planes in small scale like the Piper Aztec, Cessna Skymaster and others. Another company that released several private plans was The Lindberg Line. They were crude but accurate. And finally Hawk Model Company sold a beautiful Cessna Skymaster in both military and civil versions. There are other makers out there that made private aircraft but they escape my mind now.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Great post, RickPink65.

Gene K
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Another paper models that I found are the Piper Cherokee, Piper Comanche and Beech Staggerwing.
One of the examples that I made here can be the Piper Cherokke. The difference between the Cherokke and the Arrow is the stabilator, the dorsal fin and the engine. And retractil gear, of course. With plastic models you must do a complety different mold. With paper models three different parts and a new set of wheels can do the job.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Another paper models that I found are the Piper Cherokee, Piper Comanche and Beech Staggerwing.
One of the examples that I made here can be the Piper Cherokke. The difference between the Cherokke and the Arrow is the stabilator, the dorsal fin and the engine. And retractil gear, of course. With plastic models you must do a complety different mold. With paper models three different parts and a new set of wheels can do the job.
Mr. Draco, please, where can I find an accurate Cherokee? also the Beech Staggerwing? Don't mention Fiddlersgreen please. They are toys, not accurate scale models and they have no formers.
The Comanche is available from Mr. Pillsworth models. Have you seen other Comanche out there?
Thanks
RICK
Old 11-01-2018, 10:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 788.17 MB
On the contrary some of the finest models I have seen assembeled are Fiddlers Green models. Simply because they are of few parts I dont believe restricts them to childrens toys. But, if you desire a complex model with interior detail and support that isnt available there is always designing and scratchbuilding your own. Which is limited only by your imagination!
Old 11-02-2018, 07:53 AM

RickPin65, the Cherokee is a Scisor and Planes one. Yes, I know they have no formers, but I never limit myself to the original model. Just look the difference between the Fiddlers Green Bonanza set and my finished one. And if you neet formers, the third picture has any extra information you'll need
Attached Thumbnails
Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-beech-f35-20-.jpg   Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-beech-f35-21-.jpg   Cessna / Piper Civilian Airplanes?-2974-piper-pa28-2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
RickPin65, the Cherokee is a Scisor and Planes one. Yes, I know they have no formers, but I never limit myself to the original model. Just look the difference between the Fiddlers Green Bonanza set and my finished one. And if you neet formers, the third picture has any extra information you'll need
Thank you very much for your information. It really helps
Google Adsense