PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
An outstanding model! Many thanks for sharing these images and the back story with us.

Don
Thanks a lot Don, It is my pleasure and I thank you for appreciating my work. I also plan to make the Piper Apache by Gary Pilsworth because his model is an exact copy of my father's Apache, way back in 1956. Even the registration and livery. No recolouring here.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
Well rickstef, that was a direct hit, you blew him clean out of the water.
However, I happen to know that his original model was not a pirated copy.
Ask nicely and he'll tell you it's origin.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:36 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
If the model came from you, and you sold or traded it to him, then he should have mentioned that, he did not.

He made it clear in his post that if any of the administration of this forum would find out, he in his words would be sent to Gitmo, or shot, to me that is an admission of guilt, and I and others have mentioned it more than once, if someone knowingly posts their build of a pirated paper model and admits to it in the forum, they will be banned.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-29-2018, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by darter View Post
Well rickstef, that was a direct hit, you blew him clean out of the water.
However, I happen to know that his original model was not a pirated copy.
Ask nicely and he'll tell you it's origin.
And I also happen to know him personally as a pirate who printed and sold illegal copies of Geli and Maly kits in my city.

It is well known how he defends piracy in this forum.

Not to mention he's been using more than one user account simultaneously in this forum.

Decisions like that are not taken lightly here.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
While we might tolerate* the scanning, modifying and building of a copy of an original printed model that you rightfully own (by purchase, gift or barter) for your own personal use...
that is NOT what was stated in the original post (about this model).
I too was led to believe this was an admission of piracy.

I don't know what other infractions may have led to this member's ban
but I definitely support Rick's efforts at maintaining a standard within our community.

*copyright rules still apply, and almost every printed publication contains a statement disallowing the copy or reproduction of the publication. So even scanning and reprinting for your own use is a very gray area.
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
No, this model certainly did not come from me.
In a private conversation, Edubarca did inform me of the model's origin.
If he is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then his model is legitimate.
As I do not know the gentleman I must give him the benefit of the doubt.
As to why he didn't publicly reveal it's origin is above my pay scale.
Perhaps a private arrangement?
Clive.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:31 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
If you re read Eduardo’s original post he never directly states that it’s an illegal, pirated or any other manner of ill gotten gains model.
It’s assumed here he downloaded and built it as a pirated model. Never directly stated by him.
He does say that basically he would get in trouble for how he got it. Who knows, maybe he was a former spy and he smuggled an original out of some country and if he was found out he’d be shot.
I’m sorry but I’ve become friends with him and he doesn’t come across as a criminal. My opinion, for what it’s worth.
I hate to say this but I’m pretty sure there is NOT one person in this entire forum that has not in some way or form downloaded or owned a PIRATED model in ther lifetime. But no one will admit it, and I understand.
Listen, I fully understand the implications of pirated models but there are always extenuating circumstances.
A not so savy person comes across a model on the Internet, let’s face it, we all know the sites that offer free models. Some legit, some not, and they download it. They now have it in there collection. That same person comes across our site some time later and joins. If he or she doesn’t delete it, or forgets it’s in there collection, builds it one day, and then posts it without remembering its origin, will he or she get banned as well if it’s found out to be a pirated copy?
Maybe Eduardo had his reasons for saying things the way he did, I don’t know, but he has said them and that’s that.
So now I guess he will suffer from being banned for life from this site. A little harsh in my option, maybe a warning and a month ban, then if he does it again a stiffer sentence.
After seeing his work I believe we all could benifit from his knowledge and building abilities, so we too will suffer from his loss here.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
As it was previously said, this kind of decisions are not taken lightly. A person doesn't get banned just because, or by following any sudden whim. And when they get banned because of proper public or private reasons, it certainly is because their leaving here is not a loss to the forum.