PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-28-2019, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Mission accomplished

Thank you guys! I will be posting pictures of the finished model in a separate picture gallery.

I really enjoyed building this model. It's a well known plane and certainly not the most original subject I suppose but nevertheless, the design of this model deserves all praise. The only thing that caused some headache was the attachment of the central wing section to the fuselage but that could have been on my part as well.

It was a pleasure to have you all aboard and I thank you all very much for your reactions and interest taken in this project! Hope to "see" you all again in my new build.

All the best,
Erik
Old 05-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Erik - I was away for a while with no data so I missed the tail end of this.

I have just spent a pleasant time going through all the pics, and all I can say is it really really came out great! Well done!

I enjoyed following the build thread too.

A great decision as well to display the cockpit open - did the kit offer this option or did you just go ahead and do the mod yourself?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Kevin, thanks for your feedback. The kit doesn't offer the option of the open door but it can be done very easily. Just cut the outline of the door on both outside skin and inside lining. Because the inside of the cockpit is more exposed now I decided to add a few more details, based on actual cockpit pictures and the other Hurricane kit that I have but still have to build, the KK Battle of England version. I also detailed the door a bit extra, by putting the door latch in the "open" position.

As I mentioned before, the model is a joy to build and "playing" with the cockpit is great fun.

Cheers,
Erik

Tags
1:33, hawker hurricane, orlik