PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-05-2019, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Very interesting thread, although I have difficulties to open the pictures... The company Petestein refers to, LSB, still exists. It stands for Leon Schuijt Bouwplaten, a publisher of paper models from Alkmaar, The Netherlands.

Bouwplaten literally means "building sheets" in Dutch, or in other words "paper models". I couldn't find the B727 model in the catalogue, but assume it still can be obtained. www.leonschuyt.nl.

Good luck and take your time to complete your make-over.

Erik
Old 09-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Your Boeing 727 comes from a Dutch company, no longer in business called LSB. The model might still be in copyright protection so better to investigate. I built this model some months ago and it is very nice. It has the Lufthansa livery.
I have to put you right: the Dutch publisher Leon Schuijt Bouwplaten is alive and kicking. So better not offer recolors of his models for sale. He is long past retirement, but still likes to add a bit to his pension selling his paper models - and understandibly so.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
I have to put you right: the Dutch publisher Leon Schuijt Bouwplaten is alive and kicking. So better not offer recolors of his models for sale. He is long past retirement, but still likes to add a bit to his pension selling his paper models - and understandibly so.
Even better: I like to help people who does wonderfull things. I have just wrote to him today to offer my repaints. I hope he likes them

Last edited by Draco; 09-06-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:29 AM

No answer. Well, it changes everything.
In the flight simulator comunity, the repainters are a searched commodity, because you can use the base model to cover a lot of airline companies and military liveries. So, you can make repaints freely OR you are asked to work with the owner of the original model, making a sinergy. Of four modelers, three of them where happy to work with me.
It seems that this is not the case in this comunity, and sorry if I offend some designer.
Anyway, it means that I don't need to make fully perfect sets of parts to end this plane, with detailed instructions about how to assemble them. Just that, as I understand the rules, I can't publish any sheet of parts, or wathever is called.
I intend of finish it, of course, I believe that as long as it is for my personal use I can do it?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:36 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Hi Draco, I see your point. I have a case very similar to yours. I send various PM to Netherlands designer Gerard Methorst requesting two of his models and have a very poor response. After a month or so He barely response to a PM and told me that he dont give his designs to "any person"--as if I was "any person"-- and worst of all requested a "Curriculum Vitae" of my activities. I explained to him that his models will be only for personal use; I was planning to recolor them in Fuerza Aérea Mexicana. But at the end he leave me hanging around. Then we can conclude that Netherland designers are the most difficult ones to contact with.
On the opposite side is the case of Herr Karl-Harro Reimers from Germany; I send him an e-mail asking about the price of his DeHavilland Venom kit (which is the best available) and what he does is sending the model immediatly to me, I don't even has send him money already. The kit arrives after two weeks. I requested for my payment and he tells me that I send to him another model as payment, A whole world of difference between the two cases!!!!
I have two recolors of Leon Shuijt's Boeing 727 in Fuerza Aérea Mexicana colors and I'm thinking if I can upload them here at the Downloads section.
Best Regards, Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 727-200adv Iberia 1/144 scale-dsc02353.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Tony,

You are not allowed to share your repaints of the Leon Schuijt kits, unless Leon gives his permission

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
It is Understood!!! The person that already granted permission is Mr Mic-chan from TSMC--Tokio Solid Model Club. He e-mailed me by my request and he send to me ALL his models and explain that being free there is no problem with recolors and publish it. Tony.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
It is Understood!!! The person that already granted permission is Mr Mic-chan from TSMC--Tokio Solid Model Club. He e-mailed me by my request and he send to me ALL his models and explain that being free there is no problem with recolors and publish it. Tony.
I don't understand. Mic-chan gave you permission to publish the repaints from Leon Shuijt?
Old 09-19-2019, 02:28 PM

Just a half page to finish the repaint. Now that I'm not trying to make a perfect draw of all of the parts, because some will be made from scratch, the desing is going faster. The landing gear and tail skid, for example, will be never draw, just cut and painted.
The picture appended is part of the conversion kit from the 727-100 series to the -200, and doesn't include any original part from LSB.
MAYBE I'll make another conversion sheet for the Super 27 series, including the bigger engines.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 727-200adv Iberia 1/144 scale-logo-iberia.jpg  
Old 10-16-2019, 10:58 AM

Ok, just two details to go: the small section where the front doors are placed, and the rear door and bumper under the tail.
Once done, print and assemble. This one is going to have flaps, gears and airbrakes open.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 727-200adv Iberia 1/144 scale-nueva-imagen-de-mapa-de-bits.jpg  
Google Adsense