PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-22-2019, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The engine is a model in itself!
May I ask how the model was printed? My experience with laser printing is not good. The paint is fragile and wouldn't cope with the small curvature radius on the aileron leading edges, for example. I see no such a problem in the pictures you're showing!
Old 02-22-2019, 09:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I go to print shops, those found in every street corner in China. They stock a large selection of paper and other material, and many printing methods to choose from. For paper model purposes they will never disappoint. I would normally walk in, ask them to print a black sample page and make a deep fold. Then I check the severity of the flaking as well as delamination of the paper. If all goes well I proceed to instructing them on how to print a kit at the correct size.

Because the heavy-duty laser printers they have use higher temperatures than the home variety, setting the paint much more firmly on the surface and making them able to take a lot of abuse (by laser standards). There is still the issue with glossiness of laser prints that I mentioned, Tamiya's matte varnish spray can fix that to a large degree, but you have to do it after completing the model as white glue wouldn't stick on a varnished surface.

It may be possible to tweak the temperature setting on a home or office laser printer to achieve the same effect, but I have not tried it myself.

That is contrary to inkjet printing, which is best done at home. Pigment ink (the type that resists water and sunlight exposure so much that they do not mind having water poured over them) is expensive and a headache to maintain compared to dye ink, regular print services in my place wouldn't even stock that type of ink.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
dam that is good nice one