PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-27-2019, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
These are beautiful nice clean builds. You have done very well.

Mike
Old 03-27-2019, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.83 MB
Thanks guys for your positive remarks. The toughest thing I've found thus far is creating the canopy. I didn't want to get into the vacuum forming so I simply used a heat gun to soften plastic over a plaster mold of the canopy. It took about 4 tries before I got a result I was satisfied with when I was working on the Rafale model. It ain't perfect but it gives a result I can live with.
Next up will be a 1/200 scale of an Airbus A330 which I just started this evening. Looking at the instructions it appears to be a much less complex build than the Rafale
Old 03-28-2019, 07:12 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Both models are skillfully built, and your progression from the relatively simple Concorde to the complex Rafale in one step is amazing. I wonder how much a plastic 1/33 Rafale kit would have set you back? Looking forward to your future builds. Well done!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Both models are skillfully built, and your progression from the relatively simple Concorde to the complex Rafale in one step is amazing. I wonder how much a plastic 1/33 Rafale kit would have set you back? Looking forward to your future builds. Well done!
Thanks Don. A plastic kit of a 1/72 scale Rafale goes for between $15 to $25 but making it out of paper is more fun . After I'm done with my Airbus 330, I plan to tackle Yoav's F-16 model that he so graciously offered for free to everyone this past Christmas. Looks like a cool project.
BTW, I noticed you're from Hopewell Junction. Small world, I live in Patterson in Putnam County not from from there.

Joe
Old 03-29-2019, 01:31 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
You are close, Joe. It's good to have another paper enthusiast living nearby. Perhaps we'll get to meet face to face sometime.
Google Adsense
Old 04-09-2019, 04:32 PM

So I'm finally getting around to posting photos of my 3rd project, a 1/120 scale model of an Airbus A330-200, a Canon paper model repainted by Edmar Pinheiro. To enable a smooth look to the fuselage, I cut out the integrated connecting tabs and replaced them with separate connecting tabs I created for just about every part. It's making the project take a lot longer but it definitely gives a better result. Although this model has pretty good detail, I plan on adding elements to give it a more realistic look. The real fun part will involve the landing gear and engine/pylons, each of those are projects on their own.
Attached Thumbnails
My first aircraft models-img_6337.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6340.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6352.jpg  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:45 PM

To add strength to the horizontal stabilizer and wings, I fed .032" safety wire through their respective spars. I decided to use aircraft lockwire from my work tool box

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
My first aircraft models-img_6338.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6353.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6355.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6356.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6357.jpg  

My first aircraft models-img_6358.jpg  
Old 04-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Another fine model in the making JoeMon. Your approach of using separate join tabs instead of overlaps is paying off- that fuselage looks real good.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a pleasure to see such fine work!

Don
Old 04-10-2019, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
Amazing work on the Concorde. Even after 2 years of building airliners, that Concorde was a handful, but yours turned out extremely well for your first time!
Google Adsense