PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-15-2019, 04:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.83 MB
I finally got around to completing one of the two engines. The model comes with the Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines but I preferred to have the General Electric CF6 engines instead so it required an extensive modification. (Airbus offers a choice of either Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce or GE engines on the real A330). The Rolls engine has a continuous fan bypass cowling from tip to tail whereas the GE engine fan bypass cowling is shorter and the core duct protrudes and is visible. I used the existing cowling from the RR engine and dissected it to create the GE cowls as seen in my photos. I added aluminum tape to the core cowl to give it that polished look. The pylon that came with the model also needed work to get it to coincide with the new engine. Added a small GE logo to complete the look.
Attached Thumbnails
My first aircraft models-engine-mod-photo.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6368.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6389.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6369.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6371.jpg  

My first aircraft models-img_6373.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6374.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6375.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6387.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6372.jpg  

Old 05-14-2019, 12:42 PM

It's been awhile since I've been able to hop back into this project, but I've finally completed the landing gear assemblies. I ended up scratch building most of the parts and scaled them using dimension data I found from Airbus. The tires that come with the Canon model are way off scale and didn't provide the detail I was looking for.

Regards,
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
My first aircraft models-img_6394-1.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6393.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6507.jpg   My first aircraft models-img_6508.jpg  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
that's dam fine work engines are great and top marks for the landing gear great build
Old 05-14-2019, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Wowee! This is gonna be a winner this model.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 64.98 MB
Nice models , Engines and Landing gears are great.
Google Adsense
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM

Thanks guys for your encouraging comments.

In my quest to find and purchase a burnishing tool over the internet, I came across an oddly suitable substitute...crochet sewing hooks. The set I bought is made of bamboo sized from 3.5mm to 10mm. They are perfect for removing the stepped edges of mating sections, forming rounded nose cones or even shaping missile or bomb cylindrical sections. Who knows, if I ever get bored of this hobby I can always use them to start crocheting a blanket
Attached Thumbnails
My first aircraft models-img_6513.jpg  
Old 05-17-2019, 12:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
That landing gear is absolutely amazing!!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:08 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Quote:
Who knows, if I ever get bored of this hobby I can always use them to start crocheting a blanket
Bwahahaha, you will never get bored of this hobby. We have you now. Seriously, great job on the engine and landing gear. Your progression over the course of 3 models is really impressive.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Thanks Don. Funny about the hobby. I agree, unlikely that I'll get bored of it but it would be cool to go one step further and design some models. But hey, I don't have the patience to learn that right now so the chances of that is as much as me crocheting a blanket