PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!

Good morning

This year I traveled again to Israel with a friend and this time my wife to do a bit hiking and sightseeing and -of course- trying to meet Yoav Hozmi and his fellow modeler friends.
So I contacted Yoav to see if he has some spare time to meet with us and luckily he had. Dates were fixed and we all were looking forward to meet each other again. HE told me that he has arranged a meeting with some other modelers.

It turned out that unluckily Theo had no time to meet us on this evening but as we were in Haifa two days we managed to see each other one day before the meeting with Yoav.
Theo was so kind to take a lot of his spare time to give us a fine guided tour of Haifa, the german colony, the bahai garden (which were closed due to filming going on) and some other nice spots to see including
the place where the german Kaiser stood and a place where we had delicious food for dinner and afterwards we went to a small bakery selling "Kneffe) which is a delicious cheese "cake"

Thank you again Theo for your time

So the next evening the meeting with Yoav and his friends took place. We were supposed to go to a cultural center in Haifa - which we did of course
Arriving there it quickly turned out that the term "some modelers" did not quite get it right as there were around 30 people with great models of all kinds presented on tables :D
Inclusing Yoavs new F-16 and the partially built Meteor prototype which looked awesome at this stage of design! The sleek contours of the plane were hit absolutely on spot! I just cant wait until we see pictures of the finished model
Top notch design again Yoav!

Yoav also was so kind and gave me canopies for his F-16 and the Meteor to make moulds of it and he also allowed me to give those canopies to other modelers just as the canopies I already have. So if someone needs canopies for one of Yoavs models feel free to contact me and we will figure something out

Beyone the models there was a diorama with some kind of flying squirrel which I think was a model from the Canon papercraft page. The diorama was just awesome with the animal fleeing a tree chased by another. But the
real surprise was that Asads daughter built this diorama in just one day! And she started on the morning of our meeting day! Just awesome!

A very nice personal surprise was the T-33 from Mor which I bought blindfolded after reading his construction log. A very fine model which I am looking forward to add to my collection some time

As on every other meeting I know there was quite a loot of chit chatting, cheering, great fun, nice people and of course a small model swap

All over all we had a blast on this evening and I am very looking forward to do this again.

And last but not least thank you Boris and Yoav for arranging the place and being such nice hosts. It was a pleasure to meet you again and meet many new people and awesome modelers!

We will be back... I heard that there is a modeling contest on Chanukka which happens to be around christmas. Do you accept foreign entries? :D Or some guests at least?

Thank you again for that awesome time!

Enjoy the pictures I took
Attached Thumbnails
Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8545_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8529_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8526_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8405_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8413_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8412_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8416_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8417_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8418_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8419_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8421_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8422_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8423_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8424_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8427_1024.jpg  

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2019, 03:18 AM

And some more pictures of the wonderful models we saw!
Attached Thumbnails
Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8427_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8431_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8436_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8441_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8444_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8445_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8449_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8456_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8457_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8458_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8461_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8462_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8463_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8464_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8466_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8468_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8469_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8470_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8471_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8472_1024.jpg  

Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 04-11-2019, 03:21 AM

And the last bunch. I could post hundreds of pictures I took, believe me. This is just a small choice. I hope I did not forget anyone.
What a blast that was again!
Attached Thumbnails
Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8477_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8478_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8479_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8482_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8484_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8488_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8492_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8495_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8498_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8500_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8501_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8504_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8506_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8510_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8514_1024.jpg  

Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8517_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8521_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8532_1024.jpg   Another visit to Israel and of course a meeting with Yoav and his friends!-img_8539_1024.jpg  

Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 04-11-2019, 03:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
It was a very enjoyable meeting and I was happy to meet you again and my friends also were happy to meet you again.

take care my friend

YOAV
Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 AM

You too Yoav. Be sure that I will come back some time You are awesome guys to hang around with. Next time lesser pictures and more talking :D

Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2019, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.88 MB
We were very happy to have you guys again
looking forward to the next time we meet my friend

moshe
Old 04-11-2019, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 948.05 MB
Chris
It was a blast. Good meeting. Glad we could have friends with us
See you next time
Boris
Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Nice to see all these great models and faces of the people who designed and built them! Amazing pictures Chris, thanks for sharing this with all of us .

Unfortunately, there are many things that divide people but luckily there are more things that unite people, and in this instance, thanks to that one magic word: PAPER.

Best regards,
Erik
Old 04-11-2019, 04:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Chris, it was nice to meet you and your companions at our modest conference with the members of the paper model community and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed visiting our country
Also thank you for the kind words especially about my daughter's diorama, indeed these are Canon's paper models.
A-7 olympus
Old 04-11-2019, 05:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
This is awesome... maybe one day I can meet other modelers from the different parts of the world in my travels. Posts like this warms my heart and gives me hope for humanity; so much division lately it's really nice to see people come together.
Google Adsense