PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-27-2019, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Quote:
John If you intent of what if? Because only three are produced, and all are incorporate in the US Navy, the military life is very short, all are scraped in 1943...
Sorry, inside joke - I am always bothering Aaron for models I can put into RCAF camo and schemes . The S-40 I would leave to other more capable repainters. As far as I know, the RCAF only used Sikorsky helicopters.

John
Old 05-27-2019, 09:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good joke, John. And it would be a good imaginary markings model.

Incidentally, here is a well-researched article on the film Flying Down to Rio ("an extended commercial for Pan American Airways"): http://www.jitterbuzz.com/flying_to_rio.html.

Interestingly, three of the airplanes that appear in the film (Fairchild FC-1, Lockheed Vega, and Sikorsky S-40) are available as paper models, and Fitter designed several 1/33 models of various versions of the Douglas O-2, from which the Douglas M-1 Mailplane shown in the film was developed. I don't think there is a paper model of the Buhl Pup, the fifth of the historic aircraft featured in the film, but I have an ancient stick-and-tissue kit of the Buhl Pup and it could be a potential future subject for Murph.

I hope you won't be annoyed at all this information that I have stuffed into your build thread, Pericles, but it seemed relevant to your S-40 build.

Don
Old 05-27-2019, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
You might have to send me those plans for the Buhl Pup, Don. My GoogleFu is failing me. Unless it was called the Buhl Bull Pup.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Murph - PM sent so as not to further clutter up Péricles' build thread. You are right. Buhl Bull Pup. Ad astra. Don
Old 05-27-2019, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
My friends! No problem Don I like a lot this site indicated, golden age civil aviation is fascinating...
Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2019, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Have you thought about how you are going to rig the Sikorsky-40? It seems like it has a LOT of struts and wires.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Good joke, John. And it would be a good imaginary markings model.

Incidentally, here is a well-researched article on the film Flying Down to Rio ("an extended commercial for Pan American Airways"): http://www.jitterbuzz.com/flying_to_rio.html.

Interestingly, three of the airplanes that appear in the film (Fairchild FC-1, Lockheed Vega, and Sikorsky S-40) are available as paper models, and Fitter designed several 1/33 models of various versions of the Douglas O-2, from which the Douglas M-1 Mailplane shown in the film was developed. I don't think there is a paper model of the Buhl Pup, the fifth of the historic aircraft featured in the film, but I have an ancient stick-and-tissue kit of the Buhl Pup and it could be a potential future subject for Murph.

I hope you won't be annoyed at all this information that I have stuffed into your build thread, Pericles, but it seemed relevant to your S-40 build.

Don
I don't know if I'm confusing this with the Boeing 40B in our Downloads, but I seem to remember a free black and white download of a 1:33 Douglas M1 from one of those legit Russian designer websites that are gone now, seen it in my CD stash somewhere.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:25 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Have you thought about how you are going to rig the Sikorsky-40? It seems like it has a LOT of struts and wires.

Rob with my usual methods, with wire for small segments and polyamida wire for long, in fact the challenge is a fragile tail structure, but I need build the major subsets of building for imagine...

But some of techniques is a repeat of my Ca 3 build look here:

Caproni Ca 3 in 1/100 scale Dre Kampfflieger
Old 05-28-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
I don't know if I'm confusing this with the Boeing 40B in our Downloads, but I seem to remember a free black and white download of a 1:33 Douglas M1 from one of those legit Russian designer websites that are gone now, seen it in my CD stash somewhere.

Intersting see a repaint from you about this subject...
Old 05-28-2019, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
I was right, there was a Douglas M-2 from Dolbichkin.narod.ru (long extinct), both black and white and tan colored. There's not very many options for recolors, if any flew in the Philippines I'd get right on it!

Now the Bellanca C-27 Aircruiser is another story - the example in a Washington state museum did fly in the Philippines. Too bad there aren't any paper models of that classic.
Google Adsense