PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-21-2019, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
This is a complete redraw, including formers and separate tabs.
When will this beautiful DC-10 be available for purchase?
Old 06-21-2019, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thanks guys for visiting. The "photo paper" that you mentioned is not what the paper that is branded as photopaper, e.g. Epson or Canon photo paper, for computer printer. It is actually, as I have explained on various occasions in the past, photoprints that come in 4x6" size or what we call 4R prints for normal prints from your cameras, film or digital. You normally get them from photo output shops.

What I do is get all the templates suitably photoshopped on 4x6 photo size files. Sometimes you'll have to break a certain part up into two files. Then take the files in a thumb drive to an output print shop like you do to get prints after taking pictures in a trip etc. After that, I would laminate the prints on thick paper like 140 to 180 gsm and work on them. To avoid paper warping, I use UHU glue now (in stead of PVA -water based white glue) to laminate. Then the build goes on as usual. The pro side is that photoprints give a very glossy and professional look to your model but the con side is that it's a bit tricky to work with and quite messy if you don't protect the surface of the paper properly. I use food wrap film to mask over the prints before cutting them.

Okay, don't just talk about it, try it out and see the result for yourselves.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.83 MB
Very nice build, always loved the DC-10.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Thank you very much for the answer. As you say, it's a matter of trying and practicing. It looks great to you.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Thanks guys for visiting. The "photo paper" that you mentioned is not what the paper that is branded as photopaper, e.g. Epson or Canon photo paper, for computer printer. It is actually, as I have explained on various occasions in the past, photoprints that come in 4x6" size or what we call 4R prints for normal prints from your cameras, film or digital. You normally get them from photo output shops.

What I do is get all the templates suitably photoshopped on 4x6 photo size files. Sometimes you'll have to break a certain part up into two files. Then take the files in a thumb drive to an output print shop like you do to get prints after taking pictures in a trip etc. After that, I would laminate the prints on thick paper like 140 to 180 gsm and work on them. To avoid paper warping, I use UHU glue now (in stead of PVA -water based white glue) to laminate. Then the build goes on as usual. The pro side is that photoprints give a very glossy and professional look to your model but the con side is that it's a bit tricky to work with and quite messy if you don't protect the surface of the paper properly. I use food wrap film to mask over the prints before cutting them.

Okay, don't just talk about it, try it out and see the result for yourselves.
Excellent description. I have 4x6 glossy for my printer. I may just have to give this a try.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 06-21-2019, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I didn't know Aaron ever did Dc-10.This is very good model, I am sure I can do Finnair version (someday). Nice work Paper mate.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
It was one of my earliest models. I got inspired to design it when they converted one into a fire bomber. Nowadays I see the UPS and FedEx ones taxi by at work, and keep thinking what a beautiful plane it is. So I had to refresh and improve it so I could do UPS and FedEx versions.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Curious. Any KC-10's out there?
Old 06-21-2019, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
It was one of my earliest models. I got inspired to design it when they converted one into a fire bomber. Nowadays I see the UPS and FedEx ones taxi by at work, and keep thinking what a beautiful plane it is. So I had to refresh and improve it so I could do UPS and FedEx versions.
Wonderful. A few nice Canadian schemes to do here also. Keep up the great work.
John
Old 06-21-2019, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjohn View Post
Wonderful. A few nice Canadian schemes to do here also. Keep up the great work.
John

You thinking CP Air,Canadian and Wardair? Air Canada never had them,well not in their own livery afaik.Who else had them?
Google Adsense