PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Searching for cutout kit from USAF muesum

Hi there, I'm on a bit of a mission to find a paper airplane kit that my S.O. remembers from his childhood in Dayton, OH from 25-30 years ago. He would save his pennies and buy one at the USAF museum gift shop when he visited.

They were kits of thick cardstock, in black and white, and you would cut out the pieces/parts and put them together. They were labeled "fuselage", "nose", "wing", etc. And he mentioned using glue to put them together because he would have to wait overnight for it to dry before being able to play with them.

He also remembered that they didn't "fly", but came with a rubber band and slingshot-looking piece that you could use to launch them forward once completed.

They definitely weren't wood, they were thick paper/cardstock. When built, they would be maybe 8-10 inches long. Each kit contained a number of different aircraft. He doesn't remember if it was a book-styled kit or if it came in a box.

I searched the gift shop high and low and asked the employees - no one knew what I was asking for. I did find a kid's paper airplane book, but it wasn't the right one that he remembered.

I found a couple posts here on the forum about books that looked like they may have been a match, but I can't find anything about the rubber-band-slingshot piece, so I don't think those are it.

It's a shot in the dark, but it seems like this forum may be my only chance to see if anyone knows what kit this may have been?
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2019, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
White Wings?

https://amzn.to/2IHl8st
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanShort1 View Post
I could reach through the monitor and kiss you! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!

These HAVE to be it - they match everything he described (even little weights on the noses that I forgot he had mentioned).

Case closed! :D