PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.93 MB
Publisher Comparisons - Modelik v. Halinski

Hi all,

I'd like to get your thoughts on the relative quality of the best Card Model publishers in all areas (design, artwork, parts fit, instructions, value for money etc).

I've previously made models from GPM, Halinski and Schreiber-Bogen as well as a few free downloads from other publishers so I have experience with those already. I've found Halinski to be far and away the best of them in most areas, but they could improve in a couple of things (mostly instructions).

I'm considering a Locomotive from Modelik, as it seems they carry a good range. Has anyone done a model from them, and it would be especially useful if you have also made one or more aircraft or ships from Halinski or GPM to give me a good comparison.

I'm asking the question in this forum because Modelik does Aviation and Railways, whereas Halinski only do Military Models (no Rail).

Are there any other publishers who do good Rail models ?

Cheers, Danny
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i build mainly ships and find jsc are the best for range of what i like
most are 1;'400 but many are also availible at 1;250,schreiber are nice but limited range .the rolls royce of ship models imho is HMV but sadly very few modern ships,most people on here have their own favourites,i would say that out of the polish publishers jsc is probaly best for written instructions.for german i would say hmv or the newer WHM models

Last edited by herky; 07-03-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: add ons
Old 07-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Thanks Herky. Have you ever tried Halinski? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by them especially the amount of detail and "weathering" they use on their models. The pics below show a bit of that.
Attached Thumbnails
Publisher Comparisons - Modelik v. Halinski-img_5883.jpg   Publisher Comparisons - Modelik v. Halinski-img_5974.jpg   Publisher Comparisons - Modelik v. Halinski-img_6004.jpg  

Last edited by Dan Vadas; 07-03-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
For trains look for the designer Jan Kolodj.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaloakmin View Post
For trains look for the designer Jan Kolodj.
Thank you Fred. THIS is actually the locomotive I was thinking of doing, and it's designed by Jan .

Danny
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2019, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I have not built any Modelik kits for several years and I mostly build Armor models. I can say I have never built a Modelik kit that did not have at least one problem. The most common is a fit issue. I worst problem I found was that the color changed by several shades over the length of the part. this model was impossible to fix. I believe that this is a sign that the viscosity of the ink was not controlled properly.

That said I would not let this discourage you from building a Modelik kit for me I like the challenge of fixing these errors. If it was meant to be easy to build it would be Plastic.

Jim Nunn
Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Modelik ships are never known to be issue-free among the community. Missing parts, parts not fitting, inaccurate research, printing issues, these are all the daily routines of Modelik. It's probably their approach to model design... Their armour and trains do suffer from similar problems to an extent.

On the bright side though, nothing is un-fixable unless you build aircraft (on which, the problems may and will torpedo an entire build). If Modelik is the only offering on the subject, I would just go and do it. And well, they do offer a lot of unique subjects. Better than nothing right?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Vadas View Post
Thanks Herky. Have you ever tried Halinski? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by them especially the amount of detail and "weathering" they use on their models. The pics below show a bit of that.
yes some of there ships are great models.there gambier bay is incrediible build
Old 07-08-2019, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I don't but either of those two but I was told by ship builder that currently Modelik to Halinski is like comparing Ford to Lexus.Seeing his work I can believe that.