PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-03-2019, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Better late than never though. Your attention to detail and accuracy may have delayed things but at the end you've got a fine looking model.

The RAN used these so I for one am looking forward to the release.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
I uploaded the instructions and patterns painted with US Navy VP-17 squadron (gray and white) markings and unpainted for other squadrons, other time periods (dark blue and white), and other countries in the downloads section, aviation, military, cold war. Let me know if there are problems and I will post corrections.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:47 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
files have been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Big thanks hilyuen
Old 10-04-2019, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Today, I delivered the paper model to my friend and he was happy as it brought back a lot of memories. He immediately shared photos with his Navy buddies and one of them asked where was the RL-439 trailing wire antenna which was installed on the planes in his squadron. My friend explained that on some planes, there is a tube just behind the bomb bay, on the starboard side. They can feed a long wire antenna out of it during flight and winch it back in before landing. If the winch motor fails to rewind the antenna, the antenna will invariable snag on something and break off (tube and all) when the plane lands. Well, “maintenance” can fix that problem as soon as I get my hands on some cardstock and paint.

He also explained (a) how they used the two nose and two aft ALR-3 antenna to pinpoint the location of enemy radar, (b) part of his pre-flight duties was to lower the astro-dome (part 33, it is hinged like a hatch) and climb out on to the top of the fuselage and clean all the Plexiglas windows and (c) there is a tube in the tail skid (part 29) that acts like a venture to “flush” the aircraft toilet.

By the way, if you plan to display the paper model sitting on its landing gears, add about 10-15 grams of weight in the nose (part 3 or 5).
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale P2V-7 Neptune-henry-chuck-p2v-7_small.jpg   1/87 scale P2V-7 Neptune-trailing-wire-antenna_small.jpg  
Google Adsense