PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-24-2019, 09:07 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
WIP: Truax´s Thor IRBM in 1/100 and 1/300; Corporal missile in 1/300, at the right Bruno´s Thor and the Bedford tractor for towing the IRBM. Regards,Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-dsc02341.jpg  
Old 08-25-2019, 03:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Images that are just as enjoyable to us mate. Nice models.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:18 AM

Thanks Rata!!. I forget to mention and give thanks to Master Bruno for his support with the Thor family of rockets; which is the version that JohnM is going to build. We owe you one buck,Sir! The Corporal was made by me and this is the WIP of the Bloodhound. My good friend and countryman Wireandpaper show me the PR Models site who is full of ground military models for kitbashing or adaption where is the procedence of the Bedford Tractor. Tigertony100.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-captura-bloodhound.jpg  
Old 08-26-2019, 01:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
Thanks Rata!!. I forget to mention and give thanks to Master Bruno for his support with the Thor family of rockets; which is the version that JohnM is going to build. We owe you one buck,Sir!
Forget about the buck.
enjoy us with the build pictures and new creations.
B
Old 08-26-2019, 07:47 PM

The Bloodhound is taking shape. I didn't notice but this missile has three liveries: British, Rata´s country and Singapore. I'm making the Autralian version, but John's version will be in Royal Establishment green colours. Regards, Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-dsc02345.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-26-2019, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Thanks Rata!!. I forget to mention and give thanks to Master Bruno for his support with the Thor family of rockets; which is the version that JohnM is going to build. We owe you one buck,Sir! The Corporal was made by me and this is the WIP of the Bloodhound. My good friend and countryman Wireandpaper show me the PR Models site who is full of ground military models for kitbashing or adaption where is the procedence of the Bedford Tractor. Tigertony100.
Of course, if you wanted a more 'modern' Bedford tractor there's also my Type S/RL in our Downloads. Easy enough for me to recolor green if needed.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Has anyone seen a paper model of the Atlas E? That was the last of the series on active duty. It's carrier was built with removable bogies, so that the carrier could be lowered onto special railroad style tracks leading to the ramp of a C-133. The carrier with missile was then winched aboard (all 85 feet of it).

I was a missile maintenance officer in the early 1960s and was fortunate enough to take part in offloading a couple of them (unfortunately in was in below freezing temps on a runway built on a plateau in Washington state.
It was also a very precise and nerve-wracking process, so you didn't notice the cold.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very nice Tony, doing progress in your designs. I am sure that John is going to be very happy.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
Of course, if you wanted a more 'modern' Bedford tractor there's also my Type S/RL in our Downloads. Easy enough for me to recolor green if needed.
Thank You Luis, but I try to replicate this image. Researching I found it´s a Leyland Hyppo Tractor. But this Bedford was the closest I found, and still it needs a PRU Blue recolor.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-thor_missile_with_tractor_and_trailer_model_truck.jpg  
Old 08-27-2019, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Thank You Luis, but I try to replicate this image. Researching I found it´s a Leyland Hyppo Tractor. But this Bedford was the closest I found, and still it needs a PRU Blue recolor.
I think you may find more images of the Leyland tractor if you spell it 'Hippo'. More than you'll need though as the name was used from 1940s right through to the 1980s. I think it may be a mk II or III used in the plastic model. Bedfords were far more common in the Army, but I can't vouch for the RAF.

Incidentally, during the Cold War most of the Bloodhounds around Germany were white, as were the aircraft. We called it 'Cold War Cam.' but translated into Russian it said "Hey Ivan, here we are, we ain't hiding." What brave fools we were. eh? But the truth of the matter was that we were never sure that we'd get back home to the Mrs after any working day. Much "Dutch Courage" was consumed to take the mind off the scenario.

Last edited by JohnM; 08-27-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Google Adsense