PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Bloodhound in 1/100 scale and with his panel lines. It looks very different. Now that I'm doing this Missiles I'll going to retake an old project from 3 years ago: 3rd. Reich antiaircraft missiles. Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-dsc02350.jpg   Cold war missiles-dsc02352.jpg  
Old 09-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Looking good Tony. Bloodhound looks a little naked without its booster rockets though. I only ever saw them on the launchers. Never saw one in flight, but then again at Mach 2, I doubt if anyone saw them fly by.

If you want some more missile suggestions ... for me I guess one of Sadam's Scuds and a Patriot to knock it down with. Not Cold War I know, but I do have a Gulf War Medal and was quite impressed with the way the Americans knocked out the incomers. Had to duck a few times to dodge the falling shrapnel though.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Museum exhibits

Tony : Bloodhound is coming together well. Brooklands museum has a Rapier but it isn't on display at the present time.

Kevin : I think Hendon still has the Bloodhound and is worth a visit if you're over again. As for the Science Museum they have a habit of swapping exhibits out and also sending them on loan. Stephenson's locomotive the Rocket for example is out on loan at present. They briefly had a Tucker Snocat (of which there have been models on here) but that's gone again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephenson%27s_Rocket

A lot of their missiles and rocketry is in Wroughton which is a storage site, only open a couple of times a year and even then not very well advertised. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scienc...m_at_Wroughton
Last time I was there they had an experimental British Rail Maglev. It's a shame they don't have the space for all the collections.

They used to have a good floor on maritime exhibits but they have all gone. Now taken over by computing. I did read they had laser scanned the maritime floor before they moved them. https://newatlas.com/shipping-gallery-3d/28844/

I've heard the Hermitage museum in St Petersburg have new exhibits swapped in and out of storage every day.

No doubt the Smithsonian is the same.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:44 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Doug - thanks very much for your reply. Appreciated.

Was in Hendon last November - and thought I had photographed and seen everything - but no Bloodhound that I recall!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Bloodhound Mark I

Hello all! The bloodhound Mark I is complete. Now to work on the Mark II which is the version in most of the images you know. As for the Scud and Patriot are on my wishlist already after WWII german missiles.Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold war missiles-dsc02354.jpg   Cold war missiles-dsc02355.jpg   Cold war missiles-dsc02356.jpg   Cold war missiles-dsc02357.jpg   Cold war missiles-dsc02358.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2019, 02:55 PM

Bloodhound looking much better with its boosters on Tony. I didn't know there was a Mk2. They all looked the same to me.

I tripped over this simple Scud launcher the other day. Not sure what scale it is, but with the Rocket rounded out it should look quite good. I'll try to put it together soon to see what it looks like.

Command and Conquer Papercrafts

I've never actually seen a Scud or a Patriot. All we ever saw was the bang and the shrapnel that showered us as they shot down the incomers. I had a bit of one of them stuck in my thigh for a week, but no-one ever identified which missile it came from.

There are quite a few models of V2 around, but I've not seen a good V1 Doodlebug in paper yet. That should be interesting. I dare say that there were other WW2 German missiles too, but those were the only two to feature in my life. I wasn't old enough to remember them though. I was born in a London air-raid shelter in 1943.

Last edited by JohnM; 09-18-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Too dear for me (and it's plastic) but nice to see such a model was available ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOX-ONLY-VE...-/223105781215

$319.61 with $120 shipping ... and that's just for the box.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.07 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
...There are quite a few models of V2 around, but I've not seen a good V1 Doodlebug in paper yet. That should be interesting. I dare say that there were other WW2 German missiles too, but those were the only two to feature in my life. I wasn't old enough to remember them though. I was born in a London air-raid shelter in 1943.
There's a good V1 here https://currell.net/models/mod_free.htm. Builds nicely.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hansen View Post
There's a good V1 here https://currell.net/models/mod_free.htm. Builds nicely.
Yeah, that looks pretty good Mark but among my 1:300 collection it will be just a bit huge. Let's see what it shrinks down like.

Somewhere in my archive there's a V1 with a launch rail and assembly shed. It's not bad, but the missile is a 2D flat.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Top job on the Bloodhound Tony!