PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-01-2023, 04:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
"I can't believe it's made from paper'' is probably the most common comment from people seeing a paper model the first time. And I know thinking that very sentiment myself brought me over from plastic!
That little A318 I just presented in another thread? I gave it away to couple of sons of my neighbor-they couldn't believe it's paper,neither did their dad. I showed them other unbuild models on printed pages and they don't believe they have enough of hand eye skill to build it. People have very little faith in their own skills-myself included at times.
Old 07-02-2023, 01:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.32 MB
The magic of paper models is set to be revitalised by the availability of IT resources that allow you to start creating models with limited investment (or even free of charge)...., which will appeal to young people, who are particularly adept with these tools.
Despite the efforts made through forums, exhibitions and the like, it has to be said that model making in general, and paper model making in particular, is still the preserve of model makers with a rather high average age....at least in France. But it's probably the same everywhere.
You still have to believe in it, and this 1/100 scale, which is fairly easily accessible, is perhaps the solution.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Anything that entices people to the hobby can only be considered a positive I think.