PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-29-2020, 01:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Finish the landing gear

Thank you Don, Sergio and Tony.

I use the 3D to help me keep the model straight as well as the wings orthogonal to the fuselage and the dihedrals correct.

The plane has very simple landing gear and it just need some paint retouches to hide the white paper.

Other models are shown, the Beaufighter posing for the Bleinheim that after the DB-7 seems like an easier project. On the other hand the LeO-451 seems challenging and big compared to the DB-7.

I hope you like these models.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2408.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2409.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2410.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2411.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2415.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2416.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2417.jpg  
Old 05-21-2020, 01:00 AM

Curtiss H75 by Rockpaperscissor

Dear All:

I build Don's (Rockpaperscissor) recolor of Rigby's Hawk 75A. Previously I built the very nice model by Trotskiy which in its original one page presentation look wonderful with all the rivets, but with an overall reduction to 15% a lot is lost and it lacked camouflage. Rigby model is relatively simple and I could reduced with out problems. Nevertheless the construction of the wing played me a trick. While gluing it to a support it when flat increasing the wing chord and to advanced into the night I decided to leave it there. I used a slightly larger fuselage from the original Rigby (this is paper we can do it) that was shorter than my researched data.

Thank you Don for letting me do the honors at this scale. I included a side by side comparison with Trotskiy's H75 and also a comparison with the DB-7. Worth is to mention that both American planes fought, although briefly against Americans during Torch Operation.

ps: I got a Martin 167 that needs recoloring If you have info on the type at the service of Vichy's forces please let me know to complete the trio.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2458.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2459.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2460.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2461.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2462.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2463.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2464.jpg  
Old 05-21-2020, 05:25 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Your Hawk came out great! I don't know how you guys build them so small. Wonderful job.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good-looking models!

Thanks for showing the comparison between the Rigby/Weeks and the Trotskiy versions.

Don
Old 05-21-2020, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
That's a nice series ! I like the DB-7 and the H-75!
Old 05-21-2020, 06:16 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Barely seen aitcrafts. Tony.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
I don't know how something as small as that can be built so precisely. Impressive work Pablo!
Old 05-23-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
I don't know how something as small as that can be built so precisely. Impressive work Pablo!
Dear All:
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Very important are magnifying glasses, tweezers, sharp knife, small scissors and the KISS method. Keep it sweet and simple (although there are other alternatives for the acronym).

Find a model with the fewer pieces that you can find for the reduction (in extreme cases design your own). This is the opposite to super detailing. If not, simplify the model by gluing the pieces digitally to avoid issues for alignment in particular wings and fuselages.

Here are two examples from the SM-81 that Pucara shared: simplified wheel spats, and "glued" fuselage, also with sky blue glassing (the pictures are not at the same scale).

Best regards and happy modeling, recoloring and designing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-sm-81-landing-gear.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-sm-81-fuselage.jpg  
Old 05-25-2020, 04:37 PM

Not exactly a Vichy plane but from a reluctant ally

I know that the SM-81 was an Italian plane and not from Vichy but since I recently finish it and certainly the Italians as well as the Vichy French were fighting the wrong enemy. After I finish the model I realized that it lacked the withe theater band. I present it in company of contemporary transitional bomber transports the Bombay and the MB 200. As a contrast its presented with the vastly superior DB-7 and a likely opponent, the gladiator.

ps Thank you Pucara and Rockpaperscissor
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2465.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2466.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2467.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2469.jpg  
Old 05-25-2020, 07:41 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Better Pictures! nice trio of airplanes. Pucara's design is very well done. Tony.
Google Adsense