PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-09-2021, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
F.190 finished

Hi Don, thank you for stopping by.
Yes, the inspiration was the F-AIZS but I didn't include any registration (that by now I am unsure about the move). Unlike the Potez 25 that I had some certainty about its participation in Levant, I have no solid info about the F190 so I added the yellow tail based on other civilian transports. The plane is very similar in overall dimensions to the Caproni 97, that also had a mono motor version.

I hope you like it, I also did the F-AIZS version so if someone is interested send me a PM.

ps the landing gear was training for the Zio's complex Caproni 111.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2994.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2996.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2997.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2998.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3000.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3001.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3002.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3003.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 01-09-2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear All:

Although I try to have a program to reduce my to do list, sometimes I just can't. For example I was cleaning my paper and electronic files and I stumbled with Monsieur E Farman F190, then I went to browse the net and I found that at least two planes served during the Vichy regimen, one in metropolitan France and one in Indochina. And I thought what about Levant? Well no information so I may do a conjetural scheme. And the plane was used everywhere so I may retain the Air France colors with a few twists.
But Pericles may do a straight forward Indochine version, if he pleases. There are a few free versions in 1/100 at Le forum en papier by Monsieur E, and other versions in 1/48 and 1/66.

ps: If you happen to have any information of a F190 in levant during the Vichy regime please let me know
My intent my friend is build a F190 from Indochina, but first I build Negus plane and all orange Air Union plane from Flight of Study from air routes in Indochina...

I like a lot you build. Is logical here the planes in Levant, Armeé d'l' Air use sanitarian versions in years before the war...

For me inetrest me you repaint
Old 01-11-2021, 12:09 PM

Thank you for stopping by, looking forward to your builds.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:10 AM

Caproni Ca-111

Dear All:

This is a plane that I wanted to build before I knew I was a paper modeler when I discovered Zio's planes. I remember that I cut it about 10 years ago but it disappear. Last year my interest reemerged from the Ca.111 used by Peru. I always liked it and its bigger brother the Ca.133 but those engine pods and the landing gear have deterred me.

The build was surprisingly smooth, but I have seen Pericles' and Sergio's builds in preparation (thank you guys). The landing gear is a bit challenging so I glue digitally the spats and the supporting beam. I modified the bottom of the fuselage to be easier to glue, and jointed digitally the entire wing. Of course I omitted some pieces but I am very happy with the product. Could it had been better: Yes!

I am placing the plane here because Il Duce also picked the wrong enemy, and although I have no firm information about any Ca.111 being in North or East Africa during WWII, they could have been there like the F.190. There are some reports of the type wearing roundels, after the armistice.

I hope you like it. Here with other Italian planes, and with a grasshopper for contrast. The Ca.111 was very big for a mono motor, and look it next to the Caproni 97!
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3010.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3011.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3007.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3008.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3009.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3012.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3013.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3015.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3016.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3017.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3018.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3019.jpg  
Old 01-18-2021, 04:28 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
My friend Wireandpaper send me the Farman F 190 as a Holy Kings gift. I decided to assemble it; being in raster and at 1/100 scale that's the result. .
[IMG][/IMG]

The lines diverged as expected, no tabs and being in raster the lines are difficult to follow; and had a tremendous gap between the windshield and the wing. But I got fun at her build. Thanks!!! and best Regards, Tony
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2021, 04:15 AM

Tomahawk quick and dirty

This is what happen when you are following your building program, and you get distracted and then inspired by a fellow modeler. That happen while admiring Mr. Smith's Tomahawk IIB, slow but steady build and awesome!

The Australian Tomahawks ruled the Levant skies during Operation Exporter, loosing only one to enemy action!

Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build

Mine is quick and dirty build. I had it for some time and it met my criteria for a "quickie": single engine, one piece fuselage and wings, and minimal pieces. This is a partial recolor of the Micromodels, and I preserved the somewhat duck egg green of the undersides for convenience. I also recolored Bruno's P-40 B/C but I opted for the one with the least pieces so I may finish it in one sitting.

Originally I did a Kittyhawk, but they didn't arrive until later. Also you may compare them to the Hawk 75 of Trotskiy and Rockpaperscissor's recolor of Rigby. All of them have building issues by the modeler not the designers. I hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3021.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3026.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3027.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3028.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3029.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3030.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3031.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3032.jpg  
Old 01-23-2021, 05:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Wonderful constructions Pablo !! They all look magnificent. Sorry for not being very active lately, the year started complicated and I am very busy.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:59 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Those tiny scale planes of yours!!
Your Levante fleet is going and growing, Regards Tony.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Those are so tiny and colorful! No way I could make something that small...really neat. I also like the addition of the pilots.

Nice job...Dan
Old 02-02-2021, 02:25 AM

WIP Ju-86 from the SAAF

Dear All:

At the beginning of the hostilities in East Africa against the Italians the most modern plane that the SAAF had were they converted to bombers Ju-86 airliners!

Here is a work in progress.

ps: Thanks to Bruno and Chicharrero for their help with this project
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3035.jpg  
Google Adsense