PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-20-2019, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
When did Aaron Murphy design Martin 167? Is it still available somewhere?

I tried ordering Baltimore from Roman way back-no joy either.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Aaron designed the Martin 167/Maryland for Ryan Short in March 2014. Ryan made it available through his Texas Sport Pilot site, which now seems to be defunct. Ryan and I contracted Roman Vasyliev to design the Baltimore, which he did about a year or so later.

I Have PM'd Ryan, but haven't heard from him yet. He may be off on a flying assignment, but he has posted in the Forum recently, so I am sure we will hear from him soon.

Don
Old 01-28-2020, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Fairey Fulmar in disguise for Operation Torch

Dear All:
After a detour designing and building PT boats, I am back to continue with the fratricidal fight with the Vichy Air Force.
I don't know if the Royal Navy was able to fool the French with the disguise, particularly with the biplanes!
It was very difficult to find actual photos of the planes with the US Navy stars.
I chose to use the yellow ring on the wings for aesthetic reasons since only with blue they were lost in the background, as for the spinner it could be corrected to black any time once I find the photo.
Let me know what you think.

ps: The Fulmar is from Gerry's collection I just added the US Navy insignia. Its a big plane (compared to the others).
By the way, Air Vectors has very interesting "What-If" Fulmars including twin engined
The Fairey Battle, Fulmar, & Firefly
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2169.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2170.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2171.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2172.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2173.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2174.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2180.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2181.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict2182.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 01-28-2020 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Aaron designed the Martin 167/Maryland for Ryan Short in March 2014. Ryan made it available through his Texas Sport Pilot site, which now seems to be defunct. Ryan and I contracted Roman Vasyliev to design the Baltimore, which he did about a year or so later.

I Have PM'd Ryan, but haven't heard from him yet. He may be off on a flying assignment, but he has posted in the Forum recently, so I am sure we will hear from him soon.

Don
Hi Don:
Any news on the Maryland?
Thank you.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:20 AM

I didn't get a response from Ryan and then got sidetracked by other issues, events, and activities. I will try again.

Incidentally, I think the yellow surrounds on U.S. stars, and thicker yellow surrounds on British insignia, were artifacts of Operation TORCH in November 1942 and were an IFF measure to distinguish American and British aircraft from hostile French aircraft, since they all had roundels. I think the yellow surround lingered on after November 1942 for aircraft assigned to the North African theater.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Very tiny scale and taken away pictures results in a dot over the green. I think that your effort deserves better pictures. Otherwise welcome back to Aviation Forum.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Sorry about that guys. Things are CRAZY right now in my work world. I thought I sent it to eCardmodels to sell, but they're down right now. I've got both the Martin Maryland and the Baltimore available, and used to have them on a Scribd but they changed format and I they don't have the store option anymore.

I've got some stuff to do, but I'll make some Paypal links on one of my websites and I'll email the files once a day when I finish with work. I'll post you a link here when I do. Or you can follow the instructions in this old link for now: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/594677-post1.html

Last edited by RyanShort1; 01-28-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:31 PM

Pablo - I downloaded one of the images of the Fulmar and one group shot, cropped them, and resized to 640 pixels. A little fuzzy, but larger images. Don
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-fairey_fulmar_pict2171_cropped_640pixels.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-torch_aircraft_pict2182_cropped_640pixels.jpg  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:54 AM

Fulmar and WIP

Thank you Don, Tony and Ryan:
Very good news about the Maryland!
I took some extra pictures with my cell phone and a WIP.
The scary part is that you can see all misalignments, extra glue, cuts and retouches!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-fulmar1.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-fulmar2.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-fulmar3.jpg  
Old 01-30-2020, 01:23 AM

WIP, Albacore

The Albacore is almost done, it needs a spinner and to touch up the colors that cracked (at this scale a tiny crack of a fraction of a mm shows, and if they are together its like offset printing!).
I just realized that to do the full air wing of the HMS Victorious by JSC you need: 8 Swordfishs, 10 Fulmars, and 6 Albacores well constructed and with the addition of spinners.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-albacore1.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-albacore2.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-albacore3.jpg  
Google Adsense