PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-05-2020, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
The F-16 is one of my favorite planes. You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB on this project!
I really like the jig that you used to hold the air intake.
I am really looking forward to seeing how this whole thing turns out!
I may want to try my hand at it!
Old 01-06-2020, 06:09 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Beautiful work on a wonderful model - which you are really doing justice!

I really want to make of Ypav's planes - but how to make the canopy is beyond me at the moment. I have found decent plans for a vacuform, but cannot source transparent plastic locally at the moment...
Old 01-10-2020, 04:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 667.32 MB
Erik, my mouth just drop to the dust. I have to very improve my building skills!
Old 01-13-2020, 05:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Vertical stabilizer and a few other details

Hello everyone, back again and thank you to Rhaaven Black, Kevin and Pepo. My only advice to you is just to give it a try and start building this model. Don't be afraid of any challenge. Go for it! The canopy is indeed a hurdle and I've come to the point that I can't postpone it much longer....

But first the vertical stabilizer and a few details. Building the stabilizer is very straight forward and it was finished before I knew it, which explains the lack of pictures during the process.

The anti-collision beacon fully consists of paper parts but the small navigation light at the rear end of the tail is made of a tooth pick, sandpapered to a spherical shape. The color of the light should be white.

Also installed are the stubs of the main wing spars, which protrude through the fuselage. The internal wing structure will be wedged in between them on either side but this is yet to come.

The small radar warning antenna domes on either side of the nose are the original paper versions. Yoav mentions play-doh as alternative but if you carefully cut out the small parts, shape them and put some effort and patience in gluing them, the result is equally good I would say.

Lastly I used a small drop of glue (repeated the step twice after drying) to highlight the upper position light just behind the canopy area. There's a similar light at the belly. Likely the color will be white as well.

The last picture shows the status up so far .

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1329.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1330.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1331.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1328.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1332.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1333.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1334.jpg  
Old 01-13-2020, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Nice work with very good results.

But why did you photograph the model with romantic lighting?
I mean, the lighting is too weak in my opinion.

keep on the good working.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2020, 03:07 PM

The wings, horizontal stabilizers and ventral fins

Hello everyone, at last an update. I haven't been idle in the past two weeks but it was tough to find time to make progress. Usually only a few minutes late at night, which explains for the odd colors in the pictures. Also, the weather has been very gloomy ever since end of December, not really ideal conditions for good picturing. Well, today was a nice day and that's noticeable in the last few pictures. At last good natural light.

Next are the wings, horizontal stabilizers and ventral fins. Those parts are very straight forward, not really much to add. For the internal wing structure I deviated a bit from the instructions, I skipped the toothpicks. The wing structures are covered by pieces of 120 grams paper, and also other openings I closed with paper. The internal wing leading edges have been reinforced with thick cardboard and the internal wings laminated by 200 grams paper. Altogether this provides enough stiffness and strength of the wing surfaces. Also I used small wedges of thick cardboard to help fixating the wing leading edges to the fuselage.

The wings fit very well and the smartly designed overlap of the wings with the fuselage gives a good means of properly aligning and attaching them.

The horizontal stabilizers are in fact the same story. Proper positioning to the fuselage is obtained by a small pin, and here I completely followed the instructions. Again, the surfaces are reinforced (stiffened) by laminating with 120 grams paper.

The only tricky aspect about the ventral fins is to position them properly but by using the template that comes with the model, it can't go wrong.

Finally, the arrestor hook added to the lower fuselage, and a small antenna on the back.

And now I can't postpone it any longer. The Canopy.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1359.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1360.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1362.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1366.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1367.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1368.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1369.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1370.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1371.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1372.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1374.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1375.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1382.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1383.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1384.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1385.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1381.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1386.jpg  
Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 PM

Definitely a very professional job.

about the canopy....
ask Chris from Germany, he has some molds of my canopies, maybe he has the F-16 CANOPY and he can do it for you.

YOAV
Old 01-27-2020, 05:13 AM

Thanks Yoav. Preparing the canopy mold has been a bit of a struggle up so far because of the curved shape, and it took several attempts. I think I'm working on something now that will become a usable mold.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-28-2020, 09:10 AM

A few more pictures

Forgot to include a few more pictures. The trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizers is in one line with the exhaust nozzle, allowing the model to stand upright. Also details of the arrestor hook in between the ventral fins.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1387.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1388.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1389.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1390.jpg  
Old 01-28-2020, 12:19 PM

Little tip Eric

The model is full of many panels, outlines, screws and rivets, but the whiteness of the landing gear bays is very noticeable.

is it possible that you add all kinds of lines and elements to enrich it and match it to the overall look of the model?
you can also make little weathering and some dirt.

Something to think about.

YOAV
Google Adsense

Tags
1:33, f-16a, yoav hozmi